“Why did you change the veggie burger?”

The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This has been my go-to restaurant after skiing or hiking for several years. I am a huge fan of the veggie burger, but recently it seems that the recipe has changed, which is disappointing. The menu used to have different burger themes, like angry burger, Baja burger, etc., which you could apply to a meat or veggie patty. Now the veggie burger is a separate item without all of the options. I still enjoyed my meal, the beer was great, but the burger just wasn't the same as before.

There are newer reviews for The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went there a couple times during our trip to Canmore and it was great both times. Food was hot and tasty, and their locally brewed beer was easy to swallow. Didn't hurt that it was very hot outside either. Only minor complaint was they just started a new menu, so wait staff found it a little confusing when we ordered, and they had to confer with the menu both times.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off here for some lunch. I had poutine and my husband had an elk burger. Both were tasty. Beer was lovely as well! Well worth a visit!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Both my lunch and my husband's lunch were dried out and not very good. Plenty of other nice places to eat. Beer and appetizer wasn't bad.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We enjoyed the fun atmosphere of the restaurant as well as getting to know the bartender. He and other members of the wait staff gave us good tips for things to do (and not do!) in the area. The homemade salsa is fresh tasting, and I would highly recommend it. During our visits, we had the hamburger, elk burger and bison burger. All were excellent and you definitely aren't shorted on food! My husband enjoyed sampling the different beers. Beer is always a matter of personal taste, but he liked the rutting red elk and grumpy bear flavors. Don't expect fast service, though. The restaurant is usually busy, but sit back and enjoy the experience! You will have a great time. If you're interested in taking home a t-shirt or even some beer, there is a small Grizzly Paw gift shop close by that offers a discount if you eat at the restaurant first.