“Great spot to unwind.”

The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
calgary
“Great spot to unwind.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I were staying at the Bow Valley Motel right next door, and decided to come here and unwind.

I have been here before, and always have loved the food.

Again, the food did not disappoint for me - I had a NY steak and it was done properly to my liking. Great job!

My only hesitation in giving this visit an excellent rating was two-fold:

1) The service was a bit slow. I do realize that they were busy on a Saturday night, but an indication of the timing was our drinks were empty for 5-10 minutes before our server asked us if we wanted refills.

2) Some items on the menu were not available. My girlfriend is on a restricted diet, and as such it took her a while to wade through some choices on the menu. After some time, she settle on Shepherd's Pie, but when the server finally came back to ask us (see #1 above), we were informed that it was not available with no explanation as to why. Lesson for the next time she came around was to pick a backup.

Otherwise, this is a great place to eat, drink, and unwind no matter what the season, and will look forward to going again!

Thank you to the kitchen staff for a great meal, and to the bartenders for delicious drinks!

Visited September 2012

• Hebrew first
london UK
“Disgusting food. Great beer”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

#westerncanadahospitalityfail Disgusting food and cheap uncomfortable patio furniture ruin what should be a good experience -- after all Canmore is a cute town with a nice outdoorsy vibe and this pub has a sunny patio and its excellent own beer, the Grizzly IPA particularly recommended. Would stick to beer and bar food like chicken wings - the bison burger was the saddest, driest, nastiest hockey puck I've had the misfortune to come across, for 13 bucks! Came with a vile salad too, which i couldn't manage more than two bites of.

• Visited September 2012
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Loved their beer. Sat on the patio, lovely view, heaters were super. Shared a couple of items, excellent pub good. Not greasy, hot, well presented. Great staff, checked often, would recommend this place.

Alberta, Canada
“Not worth the wait, or the walk”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We wanted a quick bar meal and a drink later on a Friday evening, we made the mistake of waiting for seats at the busy Grizzly Paw. We were seated at a tiny bar table on the 2nd floor. The server was very helpful in ensuring that our food order was brought out to us as soon as possible because we had to return to our accommodation for a meeting. However, the pub food itself was very uninspiring: one order was indigestible, one was very poor and the third was a total waste of money. The beer was warm. the bar was very noisy, almost impossible to chat. We'd have been better off finding the local McDonald's and having some cold beer back at the hotel!

• Visited July 2012
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Excellent beer”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm a beer snob - I love most kinds plus brew my own - and The Paw turns out a splendid variety of good beers. While I love the stout, I can easily get lost in the red ale or any of the others. The food is fine, if nothing spectacular, while the environment is fun, lively and friendly. The outdoor patio borders the main street of Canmore and provides fabulous views of some of the surrounding mountains.

Visited May 2012