“Patio and good food”

Ranked #61 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in down town Canmore, in walking distance to all shops, galleries, candy stores. The Drake is Canmore’s premier live music venue and a favorite for dining, sports and enjoying happy hour taking in the views from the patios. Our Albertan pub menu is complimented with a wide selection of local craft beers, wines and cocktails. Great Food, Great Fun. Welcome to the Drake!
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Drake has a great patio with two tiers so you have choices about your view. The food is good and the service was amazing when we were there Labour day weekend. They had a band coming in which we did not see but it was nice to know that live music still exists.

There are newer reviews for The Drake Pub

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went for a pint with a bunch of friends and had a great experience on Saturday afternoon. The atmosphere was good and the pint tasty. We all decided to go back for breakfast on Sunday morning and we were all sorry we did. The service was great but the breakfast was seriously awful. We were a big group of about ten people and a few people received a cold breakfast (understandable I guess) but the taste of the food was terrible. The hashbrowns tasted like paper and there was very little flavor for anything. One person in our group sent his meal back twice (first time it was cold second time the egg returned was raw). It was so gross. None of us finished. On the plus side the service both from our server and the fellow behind the bar was great. We were hoping for the sake of this restaurant that the regular cook was on holidays.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Came in for beer and dinner. They were out of two draught beers, but we found one we liked. Not a huge selection. Food was good except that my burger party was a bit charred. The server was very helpful.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Nice, friendly waitress. Pints on tap. Nice patio with gorgeous views. We decided to have supper here, because we had in the past. This latest visit, food-wise, was highly disappointing. Started with 1/2 pound of salt & pepper wings, which were excessively fatty. They did come with fries (which I've never seen before with appetizer wings), the fries aren't bad. I was going to order the clubhouse sandwich, but the waitress kindly informed me it's deli meat, so my choice was swayed to the steak sandwich.... Which I regretted. My husband also had the steak sandwich. He attempted to eat his entire steak, but had to spit out almost every bite, due to fat and/or gristle. I had only about 1/5 of my steak, and had to stop. At least we had carrot & celery sticks with the wings, so didn't go hungry.

Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Although you enjoyed a portion of your time spent at The Drake Pub, I am disheartened to hear that your Alberta Beef experience did not satisfy. To never eat here again is sad as our Chefs create fresh food daily and take pride in their work.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Nothing terribly special but the best pub/pub food in town. There is outdoor seating on a sunny day and the views of the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak are amazing

Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for your time to offer your opinion, I am happy you enjoyed the views from one of our 3 patios. Our Chef is committed to making home made great tasting Pub food. Our new summer menu is coming out next week and there will a nice mix of healthy food and some "I am on vacation so I can splurge selectins as well". Look forward to your next visit.