“Excellent food”

Ranked #22 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Rustic log building in the Rockies, we offer creative cuisine rooted in French Bistro style with Canadian and Worldly influences. Our Wine Lounge offers small plates, sharing platters, 14 different cheeses, charcuterie and an extensive wine by the glass program.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food is fantastic! May be the best food in Canmore. The staff are very friendly, make you feel right at home. Will be back for sure.

1  Thank cavaliercam13
There are newer reviews for Sage Bistro & Wine Lounge

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Typically, when passing through Canmore, I stop for dinner at Crazyweed, but this last trip, decided to make a change and try Sage. I had guests with me from Scotland and Australia. We were delighted with dinner, the shared dishes, the atmosphere, and the competent service made the experience most enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant and suspect it will become my regular stop on trips through Canmore!

2  Thank ProfessorNurse
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were looking for some Canadian cuisine in a laid back atmosphere. The Sage Bistro fit the bill. We went on a Tuesday with no reservation and had a nice meal and excellent service.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Two friends and I celebrated a "sweet and spicy bachelorette weekend" in Canmore in May. We had a gift certificate as part of a package we booked with Blackstone Mountain Lodge (my review of there is on Tripadvisor as well -- highly recommended!) which is what prompted our Friday evening visit. Our server, Dani, was soooo phenomenal that she prompted our second visit on Saturday evening!

We spend both evenings in the upstairs wine lounge talking, laughing, eating and drinking wonderful wines. The food (tapas-style sharing plates) was absolutely delicious, there wasn't a dish we didn't like. Our favorite was the mushroom crostini with melted brie and truffle oil. TO DIE FOR!

Highly recommended for an evening out, romantic evening!! We will definitely all be coming back again. :)

1  Thank Yasdnilelis
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at this restaurant for breakfast everytime I visit Canmore. The staff is super attentive and kind. The food is awesome! The banana bread French toast is my husbands favorite. I had the stuffed French toast the last time I was there. Great view and great breakfast.