“Delicious!”

Sage Bistro & Wine Lounge
Ranked #20 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Housed in a Rustic log building in the Rockies, we offer creative cuisine rooted in French Bistro style with Canadian and Worldly influences. Our Wine Lounge offers small plates, sharing platters, 14 different cheeses, charcuterie and an extensive wine by the glass program.
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just loved the food here..... the roasted vegetable platter was divine and the soup of the day was smoked trout and seafood chowder...delicious!
The staff was very friendly and helpful and genuinely wanted to make sure we enjoyed our entire meal and experience..it was great.
The only thing I would like to see would be more available wines by the glass....but, not to worry too much, there were a couple I had trouble deciding over....
I would definitely go again...next time I'm in the area.

Visited September 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Good food and ambiance...gotta have dessert!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dropped into Sage without a reservation and luckily someone had no-showed their booking so we lucked out an got a table. Wine list had a Carminere - my fave. My meal was delish - very tasty lamb but the piece de resistance has to be their decadent chocolate dessert. We went back the next night just to get dessert! A trio of chocolate perfection - mousse, pot de creme and a gooey cakey delight. Friendly staff and cute bunnies muching grass outside! Book ahead if you want the dining room. There is an upstairs bistro as an alternative. We only dined in the restaurant.

Canmore, Canada
“Canmore Local, recommends Sage Wine Lounge”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

One of my favorite places to enjoy great wine and appetizers upstairs in the Wine Lounge. Amazing views. Cute funky atmosphere. Sunsets views are spectacular. Great selection of appetizers to share with friends on one of the outside decks or inside on the cute couches! Great cheese selection as well!

“Pricey Shocker!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I was really excited to try The Sage Bistro, after hearing many great things about it. The outcome of my first experience was so terrible that I may never return. The service was unbelievably slow considering we were one of two tables in the restaurant. The menu consists of overpriced Canmore cuisine, with little pricing so you just blindly guess at the costs. This was the biggest disappointment for me. My two glasses of wine were over $50! I would have preferred my waiter to for warn me, or maybe suggest I just buy the bottle. Lesson learned, I will definitely ask next time, obviously my server didn't care too much about my satisfaction, just the amount of money in their pocket.

• Visited August 2013
idine, Owner at Sage Bistro & Wine Lounge, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I'm not sure what menus/wine list you were looking at but every single item clearly has a price stated next to it? It's disappointing to us that you didn't take the time to look at the prices before you ordered. We do not make up random prices for different wines or food items based on how we feel that day. In fact each item is priced using a formula based purely on what the item costs us to purchase. Without a mark-up, we wouldn't be able stay open, turn on the lights or compensate our stellar staff. Different wines cost us varying amounts and so will the prices stated on the wine list. We also offer 3 different size glass pours in our beautiful wine lounge for you to decide from. This allows you to have a taste of 3oz or you can have a glass of 6oz or if you are sure you like a wine we have a 9oz pour as well. We have 2 wines on our list that are in the $22-24 for a 9oz pour. This is likely what you had if your 2 glasses came to about $50. So out of a bottle, which is 26oz, you had about 3/4 of a bottle. Those 2 wines are priced at $66 per bottle so you wouldn't have been better off ordering a bottle as we do not markup our glass pours more than the bottle like some restaurants do. When you order a glass of wine we have no idea how many you are going to have so we can't "warn" you of circumstances we are unaware of. The only "lesson to learn" would be to read the menu/list and stated pricing so you can make your choices based on your budget and what you would like to spend. We have a few gems in our cellar that are over $500 so we are glad you didn't pick those wines. Our staff do an excellent job caring, serving and entertaining our guests and have a great clientele that return frequently.
LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, charming atmosphere and service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Skip eating in Banff and go here!!! Take exit 89 and it's on Bow Valley Trail at the corner of 17th St. Can't miss the log cabin! Top notch organic ingredients ensure flavorful food at a reasonable price. Upstairs is a wine lounge with beautiful views, incredible cheese, tapas - YOU WILL LOVE IT!! We had a late lunch - 4:45 so possibly the prices were less on the lunch menu. I had the risotto with flank steak (Large portions) - the best I've ever had - for $22.

• Visited July 2013