“Laid back and dedicated”

Chez Francois Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Laid back and dedicated”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

they are serious about their cooking having a great selection and tasty food. service is there when you need it.

Calgary, Canada
“Outstanding”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Food is amazing, service outstanding, atmosphere perfect. One of the best meals we have enjoyed in the past year. Authentic french cuisine.

Whitecourt, Canada
“Good food, bad tipping policy on Valentine's Day”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had booked our Valentine's Dinner at Chez Francois as this was our first visit to Canmore and the menu and other reviews were good. We didn't realize that they would have a set menu ($60 each) which was a four course dinner. The food was very good and as much as it was more than I wanted to pay (as the quantity was more than we needed), it was Valentines Day so I was OK with it. The issue I had with the entire experience was they automatically added an 18% tip onto your bill. Our waiter had only been on the job for 5 days and as much as he tried to be organized, he had issues with answering questions about the menu, had too many tables to look after and I had to ask to have my water glass filled. Tipping should always be at the descretion of the person paying the bill in small groups and this left a bad taste in my mouth and we will not return because of it. I feel we were being gouged because it was Valentine's Day.

Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great ambiance”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

if you are looking for a good place to eat breakfast or lunch, this is the place for you to go in Canmore.
I am giving it a 4 instead of a 5 star, just because right before paying they have a 20% tip only option in their debit machine, which I found a bit presumptuous, left a bad taste in my mouth. however ill be back because it is a fantastic place to eat.

Visited February 2014
Burlington
“great breakfasts!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a great breakfast here! fancy big omelette, great service, very reasonably priced. Their menu selection is vast, try something fancy that you wouldn't normally get, totally worth it!

Visited March 2013