“Breakfast here is always amazing”

Chez Francois Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 124 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Breakfast here is always amazing”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We go to Chez Francois everytime we get out to enjoy the mountains. The food is fantastic for breakfast, you get a great portion for 9.95$ (North American combo). It has recently had new carpet and window treatments, and although it still is a "family" atmosphere, it has made a big improvement. The place is always packed when we go, which is why you generally have to wait for your food. Food is consistently excellent. Coffee is great, and you never need lunch because you are still too full from breakfast.

Visited September 2011

Alberta
“My favorite Breakfast”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

In my travels over the years Chez Francois is my favorite restaurant for breakfast. The eggs benedict is always good but my favorite is Eggs Florentine. Lovely poached eggs over a bed of spinach with benedict sauce, fried potatoes and fresh fruit. I love their coffee and always plenty of it. I do like the variety of breads for toast.

Service is always good however if you hit the place on a long weekend there will be people standing on the sidewalk and I sometimes don't know how they manage all the people. Friendly group of people.

My favorite time is when it is quiet and you can enjoy reading the paper with your breakfast just like home on Sunday morning.

nebraska/cabo rojo
“Wonderful French restaurant”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had both dinner and breakfast at Chez Francois. It is a wonderful classic French restaurant. For dinner my wife had Duck a la Orange and it was excellent. The graniti was rhubarb that was unusual and wonderful. For breakfast we recommend the eggs benedict. If you are staying in a motel ask for a 10% off card for the restaurant. The staff was very attentive and helpful during each meal.

Calgary
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Went here becasue of the high trip advisor ratings and also on recommendation of the hotel, saying they had a great breakfast. We always go for eggs benedict when we are traveling, Was not so impressed. The rest of our party was not overly enthused about their meals either. High priced for mediocre breakfast.

Tucson, Arizona
“High Priced Blah Breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had breakfast at Chez Francois because it was the number one rated breakfast place in Canmore according to Trip Advisor. Our first clue that the place may be overrated was the apparent lack of patrons. Their menu featured a number of preparations of eggs benedict, so I had the basic Canadian bacon variety with soft eggs. The dish arrived with some fried potatoes that were nothing to write home about. The hollandaise sauce on the overcooked eggs had to be out of a can – totally tasteless. The only saving grace on my breakfast was that the coffee was good. My wife had one of their crepes, and was underwhelmed. The facility was clean and the service was okay. The price was a little steep as we parted with several loonies to get a substandard breakfast. On the drive out, we saw McDonalds and both wished we had dined there instead.

1 Thank OldeTravelinFool