“Underwhelmed”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Went here becasue of the high trip advisor ratings and also on recommendation of the hotel, saying they had a great breakfast. We always go for eggs benedict when we are traveling, Was not so impressed. The rest of our party was not overly enthused about their meals either. High priced for mediocre breakfast.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had breakfast at Chez Francois because it was the number one rated breakfast place in Canmore according to Trip Advisor. Our first clue that the place may be overrated was the apparent lack of patrons. Their menu featured a number of preparations of eggs benedict, so I had the basic Canadian bacon variety with soft eggs. The dish arrived with some fried potatoes that were nothing to write home about. The hollandaise sauce on the overcooked eggs had to be out of a can – totally tasteless. The only saving grace on my breakfast was that the coffee was good. My wife had one of their crepes, and was underwhelmed. The facility was clean and the service was okay. The price was a little steep as we parted with several loonies to get a substandard breakfast. On the drive out, we saw McDonalds and both wished we had dined there instead.

1  Thank OldeTravelinFool
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had Chez Francois serve our wedding reception meal. I could not have asked for better service and food! The staff were very attentive and organized. We had a five course meal and everyone attending our reception raved about their meals. We booked our reception dinner to be held in the Three Sisters room in the adjourning Chez Francois.The next day, my husband and I went to Chez Francios for brunch . I had eggs benedict and my new husband had the "Surprise". Both were excellent. I highly recommend Chez Francois for breakfast or dinner. Great choice!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Big breakfast menu filled with many options including for children at affordable price. We were a party of six; four adults and two children. Food is great. We had Fruit Smoothies, Eggs Benedict and Crepes. Service can get slow when restaurant is busy. Friendly staff.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed in Canmore for four days. This was the best place to eat out of all the restaurants in town. Delicious food, clean and charming. From the presentation to the final bite, you will be in heaven. It is that good. You would not believe what the chef does with liver and onions. My husband loved it. I had the pork tenderloin with goat cheese sauce. Yum.