“Great choice for Japanese!”

Chef's Studio Japan
Ranked #70 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I took my partner here for their birthday and it was absolutely fantastic!
We shared a few appetisers and shared our mains as well so we got a good taste of everything that was on offer. We ordered: Edamame (can't really go wrong with this), Assorted Tempura (nice selection, can't really go wrong with this), Sukiyaki Dinner Set (The most impressive and delicious to order) and Chicken teriyaki.
We didn't order any sushi, but we will certainly try it out next time. Portion sizes are fare. Not small and not too big. The sushi prices are so cheap if you're looking at getting well fed you could probably just eat a whole bunch of these to compliment your order.
It was really nice and cosy. We went there on a Friday night at about 8.30pm, so there were only 4 other groups around, we had a comfortable a cosy spot. Looking around, there were some pretty impressive orders (people were mainly ordering sushi).
Highly recommend for those in the mood for Japanese in Canmore.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went for dinner and had the Sushi dinner special for 2. At $32 it included generous amounts of assorted sushi, miso soup and edamame. Service was excellent, very friendly, personal and efficient. We will definitely return on our next visit to Canmore.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant is not easily to find but is a gem in Canmore. We ordered sushi, tofu teriyaki, shrimp tempura and sukiyaki. All are delicious and I don't expect it before I went this restaurant. Must go!

這日本餐廳是在主街後的停車場邊。我們四人點了魚生、蝦天婦羅、牛肉火鍋及鐵板豆腐。真的,所有食物都超好吃,價錢亦不貴。多謝日籍廚師們在這小鎮經營這麼好的餐廳。

1  Thank hoiyin
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I had a late lunch/early dinner at Chef Studio on a weekday. We thought the sushi was very good, I personally loved the Yam Roll. We ordered the "sushi for two" deal that included 6 yam rolls, 8 eel rolls, 8 shrimp tempura rolls, 8 spicy rolls, and 6 california rolls, and also included edamame and miso soup for two. At only $36 dollars I thought this was a fantastic deal and we were both struggling to finish our half of the sushi. We had great service as well, and were greeted nicely by the entire staff when we walked in.

1  Thank bguth11
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a gem of a restaraunt ! The food was absolutely delicious and extremely fresh yet, so simple ! The green tea is very tasty and hot. The fish was so fresh, it just melts in your mouth....I almost thought I was in Vancouver. They make their own soya sauce, which was delicious. The rice was so light and tasty I could have ordered just a plane bowl of it. It was NOT easy to find.....but well worth the hunt. The restaraunt is located on the BACK of Main St, you have to walk down a little alley (see my photo). I asked at least 5 locals in Banff & Canmore where I should go for sushi and everyone of them suggested this little spot. Enjoy !