“One of our favorite restaurants in Canmore”

Santa Lucia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We enjoy eating here often. The service is good (although there are often only 2 waitresses.) Jen goes out of her way to accommodate you. We think the food is very good. I especially like the Eggplant Stack, which is an appetizer. The portion is large enough for an entree and I often have it with a salad. My husband really likes the meatballs and spaghetti. Home-like atmosphere. We like to take our out-of-town guests here for a good, moderately expensive meal. The only downside is that the bread must be ordered separately from the meal.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Two servers, one was surly and other was pleasant, but slow (overwhelmed?). Homemade food was great. If we were to return, would ask for takeout option.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Not too many positives here. The food is not creative nor particularly good. My son and I had the Veal Parm. which was okay, but bland. The sauce was very thick and pasty. My daughter had a fried calzone, where she ate half and had the other half later that night. I guess she liked it. My wife was the big loser of the night. She had the Spaghetti Pomodoro $16 with meatballs extra $3. The spaghetti really looked like something a buffet would serve as a throwaway selection to fill space. And the meatballs (all 2) were tiny and could very well have been frozen meatballs you get at Costco. She ate about a third of it dispassionately and didn't even finish the meatballs. I had the spaghetti as a side as well and it was not good.

I could have given the place a Mulligan if not for the expense. The tab was over $120. At that price, you expect something that delights - not disappoints. Everything costs: Salad (which was okay), Bread, Meatballs for the Spaghetti. That's not right whether the Italian restaurant is in Canmore or around the corner. Another downcheck was that the meal took almost 2 hours to complete. Waiting that long just eats up your vaca time. If you want Italian, guess you gotta go to Banff or Calgary.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

pretty tasty dishes and large portions, cost around 30 per person for main course plus wine, service was friendly.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Came across this restaurant while walking around Canmore.
Food and service were mostly good. Our family had pizzas, veal parmigiana and bacon & potato soup. The pizza was very good and huge - enough to share between two - even the smallest size. My son enjoyed his veal but I was a bit disappointed with the soup - a bit too creamy.
Service was generally good but we wanted drinking water and had to ask a couple of times. The reason for the slow water service we eventually found out was that they were out of water glasses. They could have told us that earlier as we were happy to use the glasses we already had (soft drink, wine and beer). So once they knew that, a bottle of water came out promptly.
We were able to take our excess pizza home in a box.