“Great place if you have time to waste”

Santa Lucia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 127 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Food was good,I had the meterteranian pizza, my husband had the veal parmesan.Service was very friendly. The main complaint we had was how along it took to get our food,and the fact that the waitress neglected to come over and ask if we needed anything,I would have defintly bought some more wine.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had the most delicious pizza's there and so nicely presented and served by a very nice lady, who I met the next day again in a deli and hughed me like we were old friends. Love this place and the kind Canadian people! So sorry we had to go back the next day to Holland.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We unfortunately weren't able to get into the restaurant we wanted - and walked by Santa Lucia - so why not? We didn't have to wait and the wait staff were very welcoming.

It is a smaller sized restaurant like most Canmore restaurants.

My fave part of the meal was definitely the Appetizer Meatballs - they were so delicious and the sauce was full of flavor!!

Hubby ordered pizza - which was freshly made, not oily and flavorful. The dough was a little try and bland - but it was good!

I ordered the Chicken Parm - and the Chicken was good - but the pasta was overcooked and the sauce on the pasta was bland. Wasn't too happy about that. Another stupid thing to complain about was the ice tea I had - was powder. Not a biggie to most - but just FYI.

It was a busy restaurant and the service was great. I would probably choose other restaurants as even the menu did not appeal to me so much. I love Linguini and Clams - and the selection (most likely because they are in a small town) of pastas and entrees were all tomato based and the variety was limited. No seafood options.

For the price - it is definitely average. Nothing you would drive out for.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The best part of Santa Lucia is they care, you are greeted and thanked when you leave. The food is very good, a family favorite. Consistent which is nice in a world of constant changing menu's and owners. I go 3-4 x a month.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Well, definitely one of the places I would recommend. I am usually not keen on Italian food due to my dietary lifestyle but this place did justice to both the food and the dining experience. Friendly staff, prompt service and great food. Thank you cousin Vinny!