“Wild Boar Meatloaf and Quinoa salad. YUM!”
Review of Hogshead

Hogshead
Ranked #25 of 135 Restaurants in Canmore
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hogshead, Canmore, was started by a group of friends, who are long time Bow Valley residents. We are a casual and inviting food forward restaurant where family and friends, new and old, could come together to enjoy great locally crafted beers, amazing wines and fantastic food in our beautiful mountain setting. We believe we have done just that and invite you to come and discover your new favourite!
Reviewed June 14, 2017

We stopped in here because the menu looked interesting. Wow, did we make a great choice. My meat loving fried ordered the Wild Boar Meatloaf in a red wine demi marinated 5 mushroom blend. OMG! with garlic parmesan duck fat fries. My veggie loving self ordered a Quinoa salad with goat cheese, roasted red peppers on mixed baby greens with swiss dressing. Our waiter was so friendly.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

We visited the Hogshead on our way through Canmore and we were pleasantly surprised! We weren't sure what it would be like as there was no menu outside to look at, but we were all very happy with our dishes. I had the poutine with the red wine gravy, which was amazing! My fiancé had the elk burger which he loved, my father the mac and cheese and my mom beef brisket sandwich and they both really liked their meals. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere and would be great to visit with some friends for a few drinks at night.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We tried this on our second day at the recommendation of a wait person from another restaurant. It didn't disappoint. Breakfast was delicious and bountiful. Try the flatbread with salmon, capers & arugula. Wow!

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

We visited Canmore and Banff for our first anniversary and went to the Hogshead pub at the recommendation of a bartender at the Fairmount. I'm glad we found it, service was courteous, prices reasonable, and the beer selection was plentiful. The poutine was excellent, and we needed up going back several times for meals and drinks during our stay.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

We went to Hogshead for Canmore Uncorked after reading the meal descriptions... we were looking forward to a good pub meal. My wife had the Braised Brisket and I had the Elk Burger, both meals were very basic, boring and not that good. Both choices are straight off the menu with no effort or care to make it a special or interesting meal. Fries were also way overcooked. The salads were small and also not great. The only part we enjoyed was the Caramel Apple Crumble. Waitress was nice and attentive. FYI, this is not a pub, kids are allowed and was an extremely noisy dinner.