The Drake Inn
Best Western Pocaterra Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$232
$121
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$171
Blackstone Lodge
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$273
$216
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$153
$131
$124
  • Breakfast included
$238
$178
$230
$216
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$155
$148
HolidayInn.com
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$177
Travelocity
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
$160
getaroom.com
All reviewscreek sidemain streettop floorski tripbeautiful townconvenient locationnice roomfirst floorcoffee makermountainspatiopetkeysbalconies
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Although there were not a lot of extra's, we were mainly there to sleep. They have put a lot of effort into updating their rooms, and it shows! Very friendly staff, and an inviting pub attached to the Inn! Only complaints were some paint chipping and the water pipes were a bit noisy.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

this hotel was very outdated, not impressed with it at all. It did have a nice view but that is about the only good comment I have for the lodge. I have left an item behind ( that wasent cheap) called back th next day once i realized it was not with me and they said it was not there no cleaners have seen it. Over all i was not pleased at all with the hotel, service & very mad about my item i have not gotten back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you're looking for a cheaper place to stay this is it. It's a little outdated on one side (where we stayed) but everything was fresh and clean. We arrived at night and so the next morning we were amazed at the beautiful view from our window!

They have updated the rooms on the creek side so if you are there for a more then a night ask for that side (or just ask for an updated room).

The breakfast was lacking but that's ok because there is a great place to eat not far from there...The Summit Cafe (1001 Cougar Creek Dr). Sit outside and enjoy a great breakfast there.

When we plan our next trip, we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Me and my family (two young children) just spent 3 nights at the drake inn canmore, the only thing i would have to say was lacking was a modern update for the washrooms, but the view from the balconies far beyond made up for that. the two ladies that helped us at the front desk
went beyond what they needed to (the one lady even mailed hotel keys that we forgot to leave back in golden for us!!) we will deffinately return here, and would highly reccomend.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view (i think they call them a skyview) room, well worth it, even if you need to haul your luggage up the one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a rule almost every place I stay, I have enjoyed the stay wherever it is. Most of the time I have positive comments to say. I cannot say that for this motel. I will start with some things I did like about the place. It has a nice river flowing beside the motel and a good view of the mountains. Quite beautiful. I saw some nice walking paths nearby as well. It is close to many amenities and is easy to get around from this location.

We were going to a wedding in Canmore and needed to check in around 2:00 pm in order to get ready for the wedding. We called ahead to see if this could be done and was informed that would not be a problem, and there would be a ten dollar charge an hour to do so. We agreed to this and confirmed this with the person on the phone. When we got there, we told the attendant on duty that his has been arranged. She seemed upset by this and told us that there was no early check in. When we explained we had called ahead to arrange this, she asked us who we talked to. I said I did not ask for her name. She said they have rules against early check in and they could not accommodate us. We pointed to a sign on the counter at the check in desk stating “early check in – $10.00 per hour”. This is also stated on their web site. Make a long story short, she was rude and upset by this. The room was dated and smelled of disinfectant and mildew. In all fairness the room was quite clean. They have a bar below the rooms and had a hard time falling asleep from the music and people partying outside the bar. Also, there is no air conditioning and having a window open to cool off the room was impossible due to the noise.

There is better bang for the buck in this town for accommodations. No doubt I will pick another place next time in town.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, get a room by the river, not near the bar. Having said that, book ahead for better selection for other accomodations.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple