“Nice, clean, and well-equipped, but subpar service”

Fire Mountain Lodge
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Loved the lodge at first. Well equipped kitchen and comfortable lounge. Bedrooms very comfortable. All that made our 2 bedroom unit outstanding. However, comes the service and I was quite disappointed. The front desk was responded by an answering machine. We did not receive a call back and issues were therefore not addressed. The unit was barely serviced on first day and beds were not made, garbage not collected, carpet not vacuumed. Day 2: no housekeeping staff bothered to stop at our unit.

Internet was crappy when we needed it the most. Called front desk. No response.

No pool. But hot tub available but was under service and therefore closed.

Last note, the view from our lodge was facing some sort of a car repair shop, which was less than ideal when you're in a beautiful place like Rockies.

Considering all this, I'd cautiously recommend this place and may consider staying here in future if I don't find better alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank agc3168

Reviewed July 8, 2010

The amenities at this establishment are lacking. We went to the hot tub/exercise room tonight at 8:30, and it was closed.It said on our info sheet that it was open until 10. There is literally nothing to do here. When I called the front desk at 8:30, I got security, who was not friendly. High speed internet took over an hour to connect. The guy at the front desk just wanted our credit card number. We were overlooking a car dealership, not the mountains. Nice condo, but nothing else. Not impressed- leavning early in the morning. I would not recommend this hotel. I came all the way from NB and I am disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I went with a group of girlfriends to relax, re-charge and re-energize and i must say that I would much rather stay here than in Banff from now on and will recommend this place to all our friends.

We came in late on friday night and someone came from one of the other chalets to greet us and check us in. We booked a 3-bedroom place for 2 nights and it was perfect. We had basic amenities and if we lacked anything we called front desk the next morning and they were most accomodative to dropping stuff off (such as baking sheets, more dishwashing soap, a hand dishwashing sponge, etc)..some of the dishes were a little dirty but nothing a quick wash can't look after!

The beds were sooo comfortable and views were amazing from each room. There was a TV in the master bedroom/ensuite, a mounted flatscreen in another guest room and the other room did not have a TV(who really needs one when you have the Mountains!)
The weather was amzing so we enjoyed sitting in the patio the whole afternoon and enjoyed the views of Ha-Ling and the mountains out west. There was a really nice bbq on our balcony too!

The town centre is not far away so we walked into town - we loved it! It was so nice to get fresh air - esp when the weather is just amazing!

All of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back again!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank NishNK
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Fire Mountain Lodge in Canmore is definitely worth the money. Our condo consisted of two bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. Everything in the condo was new and very modern.

If we were to return, I would definitely ask for an upper unit. Unfortunately, the immediate view from street level is not that great, however, the Three Sisters view more than makese up for street level view.

We have no reserveration in recommending this accommodation to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CDillon
Reviewed March 21, 2009

The Fire Mountain Lodge is a great condo style hotel in Canmore. The accommodation was clean, spacious and welcoming. We rented a suite with two bedrooms and it was perfect for two couples. The decore was modern and very appealing, and there was even a bbq on the balcony. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could need and there was tea and coffee available as well.
Views of the mountains were seen from the windows and although you could see a bit of a parking lot from the window, it did not take from the scenery at all.
It was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank BJEK
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We loved our stay, if you are looking for "feels like I'm coming home to my place in the Rockies" you are set! We waited for someone to check us in(10 minutes, wait in your car if winter!!!), we did not read the confirmation letter that informed us of the remote check in---READ YOUR CONFIRMATION LETTER--they don't send it for nothing!! The suites are perfect for guests that have good taste and private arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank moto1608
Reviewed November 26, 2008

In August of 2008, my wife and I were looking forward to doing something special for our daughters coming home for Christmas. She went on line and searched the internet and came across Fire Mountain Lodge and was very impressed with what they had to offer. As I work out of town and only get home on weekends, we talked for several hours on the phone and made a decision to book Fire Mountain for Christmas. The added advantage was that we would be able to take our 7lbs Cooka-poo with us, he was a gift to the family for Christmas 11 years ago when we returned from Ottawa to Alberta. We started to plan for Christmas, what we would eat , when we would arrive, what games to buy and bascially planned our two days at Fire Mountain. My daughters called about what we were going to do for Christmas, and my wife told them, not wanting to leave them in totally in the dark. We were all very excited and have arranged things at work to leave early and head down to Canmore so we would make the best of our trip. However, now it doesn't look like we'll be going. I did say we booked this excursion in August, well the first week in November, after being confirmed that we had accomodations, my wife received an e-mail stating that they would not be able to accomodate us ,mainly because of the dog. By the way you also pay for your dog's stay, and all the broshures say Fire Mountian is pet friendly. She has been back and forth with the owners via e-mail trying to convince them to allow us to take our pet. But apparently all of a sudden they won't be taking pets for Christmas. It's the principal of the whole thing now, our pet is part of our family, my daughters deserve a special Christmas, my wife has worked hard to put somehting special together for us, and not only that we booked and confirmed this vacation almost four months ago. It is sad to say we will not be going to Fire Mountain Lodge, Canmore for Christmas. I dare say we will never go to Fire Mountain. I guess the company must have more money than they need or someone else needs a room, but fair practises apparently are not in the plan for this company. It's also not cheap to stay for two nights, it was over $800.00 and we had to pay for the dog's time as well. We could leave the dog at home had we known earlier, but it is four weeks to Christmas. It's difficult to take the dog to a kennel now as those reservations are full. We can not find anything else that is pet friendly at this short notice.
Thanks Fire Mountain Lodge for nothing, however, you won't ruin our Christmas because regardless we'll all be together.

NO desire now to see what you have to offer, as we've already been disappointed. Consumers, I hope your vacation goes better than ours.

R. WILLIAMS