“Relaxing and Cozy”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We just returned from a three night stay at Falcon Crest and enjoyed the entire experience. We had a one bedroom suite, with laundry facilities, soaker tub, fully stocked kitchen and a Bar B Q which we used to cook our own dinner two nights. At this time of year the fireplace and underground heated parking are a real bonus. We found the entire property clean and well maintained, and any staff member we encountered was always courteous and helpful. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAdixie
There are newer reviews for Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE

Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed in the Lodge in early August- an absolutely beautiful time of year. The reviews of the hotel were good here on Trip Advisor, and we knew in advance to request a room facing the mountains. We were later told that there were maybe 10 rooms left in the hotel that had a view of the Three Sisters. Most of the other rooms now have a concealed view thanks to the new hotel next door.

There is a nice walking path in the front of the hotel that goes all the way downtown- perfect if you are looking to get some exercise or avoid driving. We found this very convenient- especially when getting a late night cab wasn't an option (the walk downtown is about 15ish minutes).

The workout room leaves a little to be desired as it basically consists of one treadmill or so... very small. Don't be fooled by the picture on the website. The hot tubs were nice though, and they had one in the front and one in the back of the hotel. They were usually pretty busy though, even late into the night.

The room itself was nice. Ours was a little narrow, but having the grill outside, along with the other room amenities like the kitchen (stocked with utensils and dishes), and fireplace were often used. Without these additions, I'd say to stay elsewhere if you are looking for a nice room, but the functionality for us was more than worthwhile. The hotel has an Asian restaurant inside, but we never went. It is hard to describe, but it didn't really have a "friendly" feel (I don't even know if you could see inside the restaurant unless you walked through the door). You'd just have to see it to understand what I'm talking about. There is no continental breakfast (don't know if that is a US thing or not...).

Since we were from out of town (U.S), we enlisted the help of the front desk on quite a few occasions. The front desk clerk, Natasha, was nothing short of a God-send for our trip and was full of helpful advice. She was incredibly friendly and helped to make our stay the best it could be (people from Canada are so nice!). I definitely echo the sentiments of the other reviewers here that lauded the service levels.

All in all, we had a great stay, and great weather, but if you are looking to stay here, it is best to reserve your mountain view early and go in with the right expectations. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank parforethecourse
hospitalityexecutive, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us this past August. I will let Natasha know about your positive feedback, and agree she is a true asset to our team. You are correct in your statement regarding the fitness center as it is mostly used as a cardio room in the winter months when our guests have not exhausted themselves skiing. In the warmer summer months – many our guests enjoy the wonderful mountain surroundings golfing, hiking and other outdoor activities to ensure they get their daily exercise. Our fitness room offers a treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and mats for stretching. For our guests looking for more of a workout – there is a gym located just up the street for their convenience. In response to your comment regarding the Falcon Crest being an “average hotel” I must assume you stayed in one of our standard deluxe rooms with two double beds, which make up approximately 15% of our room types. I agree that they are comparable to other regular hotel rooms with the exception of the kitchenette, BBQ, granite countertops and gas fireplace. Our one bedroom Suites are usually only $20 per night more than the deluxe rooms and make up more than 60% of our inventory, and are situated throughout the hotel with many suites offering better than average mountain views, separate living rooms, full kitchens, walk in showers, in room laundry and soaker tubs. In closing, I hope you will allow us to extend our hospitality to you once again on your next trip to Canmore, & perhaps we could enjoy a round of golf at Stewart Creek together on your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

My Wife and I stayed in a One Bedroom suite from Jan 15th thru 18th and had a wonderful time. The resort was very quiet even though it seemed to be quite full based on the parkade, which was much appreciated for a trip with the sole intent to relax. The Room was great with lots of space to move around, it felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. We made two meals in the Full kitchen, which had adequate utensils to get the job done. My wife very much enjoyed the tub calling it her own personal hot tub. And the shower was very roomy as well. Each suite has a DVD player and the Lobby has DVD's you can borrow for free, the titles are a few years old but we found something for us to watch one night. We didn't try the Vietnamese restaurant that is in the hotel so I cannot comment on that. The Hot tubs were great on the few occasions we had time to use them. The first we shared it with one other couple which as fine since it (the bigger of the 2 could probably handle 10 or more. The second opportunity was Sunday afternoon and the hot tub just off the Fitness room was empty with a great view of the mountains.

I would definitely recommend the resort to any one.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug L
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Just returned from new year trip where we had three 2 bed units.

Firstly they were great at locating us all together making room hopping much easier.

Location - fairly good, walkable to centre

Parkade great - heated and plenty of spaces

Luggage always a problem for a condo break because of all you need - they have plenty of luggage trolleys making moving in and out easy

Rooms - probably the best furnished condo I've ever stayed in with everything high quality and really clean, master bath had long tub you could actually soack in and a separate roomy shower - really great

Maid service every day a nice surprise, wasn't expecting it

Staff were really helpful whenever we needed them, hot tubs were nice and clean.

Only minor niggles would be the living room at the TV end needs more light (none there) and the matting around the hot tubs could really use ice scraping regularly

All in all very good although I see its dropped off the top spot

Indocine good and reasonable with good service

Rob

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank OmanRob
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Having stayed several times at |the Falcon Crest, it has quickly become my favorite place to visit. It is a short trip from Calgary, where I reside, but always a getaway worth taking.
The hotel is quiet and the rooms are wonderful and warm. I have yet to be dissappointed by my stay here and always find the staff very helpful and respectful when I check in or have any questions about the area or hotel itself.
I recommend the hotel to everyone I know and anyone interested in coming to Canmore for a short trip or an extended holiday.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank lewrydw
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I just returned from a business meeting at Falcon Crest Lodge. We ended up booking about 20 rooms for $97 each because ski season hasn't quite picked up yet. They definitely had us use up the "cheap" rooms first, but the last person to book got a 1 bedroom suite for that price - gorgeous! The service was good, the meeting room was serviceable (but cold in winter! bring a sweater). My only real complaint is that the catering is waaaay overpriced - we paid $6.95 + tax + tip for coffee and juice at breaks - no food!

I did very much enjoy that even a basic room had a fridge, stove, and microwave. Everyone got groceries and ate breakfast in room. It was so quiet we sometimes thought we were the only ones there - great rooms.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank uncannycanuck
Reviewed December 9, 2009

We stayed at this condo unit that is set up to rent its units. We had a studio which had a small balcony (with BBQ). large kitchen area and large well appointed bathroom. Nicely appointed, pleasant check in staff. About a 15 minute or so walk into central Canmore, if you do at night bring a flashlight as the first part of the trail through the woods is unlit.

We had a glass of wine each and left our glasses in the sink. Upon receiving my Visa statement I saw a $21 charge, called the establishment and was informed that this was a "cleaning" charge. Come on guys, $10 to wash a glass? They did credit my account the $21 but save yourself the grief and wash you glasses. One would think that if this is pushed as a "lodge" that one would not have to wash you drinking glasses. Dishes and plates I can see.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple