“Anniversary Stay”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay at the Falcon Crest Lodge for our first anniversary. We were not disappointed with our stay. The staff was very pleasant to deal with, they knew it was our anniversary and added some special touches to our room, The hotel was clean, the rooms were spacious and the hotel itself is far enough away from main ways but still conveniently close to everything you may need from walking paths to coffee shops.
We will definitely be staying there again soon.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I used the Falcon Crest as the hotel of choice for our Wedding Guests to stay during our March 2009 wedding. Everyone could not say enough about how wonderful both the accomodations and the staff were. Being from Calgary, I have stayed at a variety of places in the Canmore and Banff area and had no idea about this little gem prior to getting the recommendation from the caterer from the Nordic Centre. He happens to also be the caterer for the Flacon Crest. Because of our group booking we also got wonderful rates.

The rooms were perfect and the staff were totally accomodating - even in helping me locate some of the wedding party who went MIA on the night of the rehersal dinner. As we ended up having our wedding on the day of a blizzard, the underground parking was fantastic. One couple attending our wedding from Switzerland had been planning to stay at Banff Springs for a week once the wedding was over. However, I recently found out that they loved the Falcon Crest so much that they just stayed there for the rest of their stay.

Many thanks to all the staff at the Falcon Crest.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I decided to go with this place because it was the #1 rated place in Canmore and I can see why it has moved down the list a few spots. When we arrived the clerk at the front desk told me that I had booked 6 rooms and that I would have to pay for all 6 of them when it was only 2 of us traveling together. I tried several times to explain that I had not booked 6 rooms and that there must be a mistake with their reservation system, and that I had called several days earlier to confirm my reservation and there was no mention of me having 6 rooms booked. So we got into a room, and were told to wait for the general manager. We didn't hear anything so decided to leave for a bit and as we walked by the front desk the guy told me I was off the hook because their reservation system had sent the same reservation 6 times. So just like I told him I had not booked 6 rooms and their system was to blame. But never did i receive an apology, only that I was off the hook, which to me sounds like I've still done something wrong and have gotten away with it. I wans't looking for a free night or anything like that, just an apology for basically ruining my day but nope, and they didn't even bother letting us know it was fixed, we only found out because we happened to walk past the desk. So that was extremely frustrating and disappointing. Add that to the hide-a-bed not working and the handle on the bedroom window being broken, as well as the construction going on around, it wasn't as good of a stay as i had hoped. Oh, and the first night my underground parking didn't work. But the condos were very nice and it was great to have a kitchen, but it was all overshadowed by the very poor service. I don't know if it was because we were a younger couple or what, but I really felt like they were not interested in doing anything for us. To bad, cause now they get a bad review!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sammy19
hospitalityexecutive, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2009

I would like to offer my apology for any miscommunication or poor service you received regarding your reservation with us this past weekend. I have spoken with the GSA who was investigating the problem with your reservation(s) and can assure you a similar situation such as the one you describe will not happen again. I will contact you directly to discuss how we can regain your confidence in our customer service.

With regards to our Trip Advisor rating, the only reason we have slipped in the rankings is due to the flood that occurred in the parkade May 7. A small number of guests felt the situation could have been handled differently, although the majority of our guests would agree the emergency situation was handled extremely well with the safety and comfort of our guests being our number one priority.

Reviewed May 23, 2009

Was staying to attend conference on site. When arrived no one was at front desk as clerk was out having a smoke so had to wait to get checked in. Found the BBQ in my room had not been cleaned although I had to sign a form saying I would be charged if the BBQ was left dirty. When I went to report it to front desk, again no clerk around but maintenance guy said no to worry about it. Then overnight May 7pipes burst in underground. Contrary to claims posted by management I beg to differ. Other hotels in the area were evacuated but we were left sleeping until you woke up to find no power and water. Many guests including some in our group were not contacted and found out through other guests. The hotel did not even have flash lights on hand for an emergency, as staff were using cell phones to light areas. I was told I could go shower and freshen up at the other hotel. When I returned to gather the rest of my items, I found my room door had been propped open by the hotel. All my personal belongings including lap top were in there. My mention of this went unaddressed. Guests who had vehicles in the underground were later expected to wade through the water to get to their cars, while there were staff in rubber boots and waders, why could they not move the cars out for guests. Complaints have not been addressed and people have been treated rudely by management when calling concerning questions on insurance etc. I would not recommend this place to anyone after this disaster.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank dundee65
Reviewed May 13, 2009

2 weeks spent on holiday over Easter skiing staying at Falcon Crest. Totally faultless family accomodation for independent self catering travellers wishing to travel light. Everything possible provided in a spotless, spacious suite. No need to bring linen (changed regularly) or even tea-towels and dish-cloths. Cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble drier, iron and ironing board all in the suite. Washing up liquid and dishwasher powder also provided. Underground heated car park, hot tub, good in-house restaurant, balcony with BBQ, pleasant helpful staff. Superb views - insist on a mountain view. Easy access from Calgary airport (hire car) and to the slopes - 20 mins away on empty roads. Supermarket one block away. Recommend the Iron Goat pub for excellent food and views (just round the corner up the hill). Justly deserves its #1 billing in Canmore on Tripadvisor..

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Arrived on Wed, May 6, 2009.
Everything find until the evening of Thursday, May 7/09
there was some type of a flood in the underground parkade which we were never made aware of until 5:30 Am the following morning.
the electricity was turned off sometime after midnight, so when a person got up during the night could not turn on any lights. Totally not safe at all.
Numerous cars were damaged by the flood in the parkade.
Had to provide information upon check-in as to vehicle so the hotel could have called these guests when the flood first started and an attempt could have been made to get the cars out.
When staff did let guests know of the problem, no attempts made to help them pack or escort down long dark hallways and staircases.

Needed to run around after "Chuck" who ever he may be,
to get information regarding the Hotel's insurance company.

As of today, May 12, 2009, no attempt made by the hotel at all to contact guests to provide them with any inforamtion regarding what happened and the name of their Insurance company.

Have been told this is not the first time this flooding has occured.
Feel they did not contact the guests as would have lost a night's lodging as would have had to put guests up in another hotel and Falcon Crest would have had to pay .

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank 56maxwell
hospitalityexecutive, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2009

In response to the unfortunate situation due to a water main break and subsequent flooding of the Hotel's Parkade at 1 AM on May 8, 2009. (No other area of the hotel was affected by the water)
1. Emergency personnel and management arrived on site within minutes of the water main break. Due to safety reasons and possible electric shock hazard, no one was permitted access to the parkade to remove any vehicles or possessions.
2. Additional hotel staff was called in and patrolled the hallways all night to assist guests with their luggage and to inform the guests of the situation as soon as they awoke.
3. Arrangements were made for all of the hotel's guests to relocate to another hotel as soon as they were ready. Guests who were scheduled to depart that morning were offered a room at the other hotel at the Falcon Crest's expense to shower, etc.
4. All guests were advised to contact their insurance company if they had suffered any property damage, and in turn their insurance company would contact the Building's insurance company to work out the details.
5. I have been contacted by a number of our guest’s over the past few days who wanted to thank the staff and management for handing the situation so well. The emergency crews also commented on how organized and efficient the hotel’s staff was in arranging alternative accommodations for approximately 75 hotel guests.

An army of plumbers, gas fitters, electricians and cleanup crews have been working very hard this week to ensure we are able to welcome our valued guest's to the Falcon Crest Lodge this coming weekend.

To our guests whom were unable to stay with us this past week, thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you and your family again on your next stay in Canmore.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

We had to book here as I had been ill and it was a last minute web booking made by my daughter whilst we were in Canada with her on holiday. They gave us a good deal on a two bedroomed apartment for three nights. Boy, I wish I had spent my whole holiday there! the apartments are brand new and stylishly decorated, we had a massive king size bed and a bathroom each. There are large fridges, cookers and microwave and even a washer and tumble drier (powder provided). The staff were wonderful with the exception of a lady manager on the second day, to whom "polite customer service" was alien, she was extremely unhelpful and apathetic to our request to pay our bill early and the way she spoke to a member of her staff when we were present was disgraceful. Perhaps she had had a bad day or was in the wrong job, but she either needs to move on or get her personnel & customer skills upto scratch. Other than that fantastic! and so were the hot tubs according to my son and daughter!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family