My husband and I chose to book the inn exclusively for two days to celebrate our wedding and it turned out to be the best decision we made during the whole wedding planning process. From the moment we arrived until the day we left there was not a need or want left unattended! They offered clear and honest communication and many options throughout the wedding planning experience to fit our style and needs as well as an invaluable list of vendors and service providers. We had the best of the best for Commissioner, Salon, Photographer and DJ. They all worked so well together and took care of everything effortlessly.
We enjoyed a welcome dinner with our guests the evening before the wedding day and had a soak in the hot tub, very relaxing. The morning of the wedding we experienced what breakfast really should be! All of our guests had a beautiful picnic lunch delivered to the rooms, this was especially convenient for the bridal party as we were all busy getting ready. All of the items we had prepared for the wedding; the favors, guest book, ceremony items etc. were all handed to the inn staff upon arrival and they took care of all the set up. We chose the silver cocktail service as our reception dinner and was a luxury many of our guests and ourselves had not experienced and was well worth it and I'm sure will be talked about for quite some time...the food was amazing, thank you Lonny!
The service and friendliness of the staff was fabulous...professional and courteous when they needed to be but not afraid to have fun with us! You will never be left hungry, without a drink or fresh towels and made up bed. Thank you Danielle, Dave and the rest of the wonderful staff!
The rooms were gorgeous and we really did feel like we were at home. You can tell a great deal of thought has been put into every room and area of the inn. Many of our guests said it was the most relaxed yet classy, formal wedding they had been to! That meant a lot for us to receive so many wonderful compliments from our guests since many of them had traveled a great distance to be with us.
Canmore is a gorgeous town with welcoming people surrounded by mountains, we couldn't have chosen a better location. The inn is situated so perfectly in the town and landscaped in a way that you feel like you're in your own little world.
What we liked best about our whole experience with them was the all inclusive nature of the wedding package. We didn't have to deal with different vendors for table linens, china, party rentals etc. Everything we needed they had under one roof and if we didn't I'm sure they would have gotten it for us! This created a wedding experience that was virtually stress free for us.
If I have to say what I liked least it would simply be the lack of counter space in the bathroom of room #3, the room most recommended for the bride and groom. It was a bit inconvenient but certainly would never weigh heavily enough for us to think it's a downfall. The view from that room most definitely makes up for it!
We look forward to spending anniversaries here every year and are even considering having Christmas or Thanksgiving here with our families in the future. It was a once in a lifetime experience for us and would highly recommend this inn for weddings or any other group experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by mountains this Bed & Breakfast style Inn is owner operated since 2002 by professional chef Lonny. All guest rooms have been designed for your comfort. 4 poster beds and jacuzzi tubs with views of the rocky mountains from either your balcony or patio. The Inn serves a 3 course breakfast with its B&B rates, you will not want to miss the food. Specialising in small group weddings (2 to 60 persons), the Inn has won awards for service and hospitality and local landscaping. Set below Lady Macdonald mountain in Canmore Alberta you can access hiking trail, mountain biking, cross country and downhill skiing within minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- A Bear And Bison Canadian Country Inn Canmore, Alberta