“Movie Stars”

and 1 more site!
A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 31 Canmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2006

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at the Bear and Bison and it was absolutely perfect! Everything was clean, comfortable, quiet and the view is incredible. The staff went out of their way to accomodate our food preferences, and the food was delicious. We felt like movie stars at a luxury retreat. Well Done!
Heather and Jim

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 7, 2006

Our family recently celebrated my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary at the Bear and Bison Inn. The weekend was unforgettable.
The accommodations - exceptional, the views breathtaking.
The staff made our family feel right at home in an ever so cozy, relaxed environment.
We had Lonny prepare dinner for our group. The dinner was phenomenal, as was the breakfast. I was particularily taken by how accommodating everyone was. When asked to prepare something other than our meal for the children/teens in our party it was done without hesitation. Any and every request - complied with happily.
We truly appreciate and "Thank" Lonny and staff for an experience we will always treasure.
The Bear and Bison Inn by far exceeded all my expectations. (outstanding)

The Thorne Family

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2006

It was my sisters Anniversary late last summer. She asked me to shop arround Canmore (since I live here) for a special room.

Upon entering the foyer of the Bear and Bison Country Inn, I was told in a very unfriendly voice to "GET OUT! someone will talk to me on the front steps" then "did you not see the private function sign?"
Did he mean the 2x3" sign about 1 foot off the bottom of the door?
He sent out a staff to answer my questions, She said sorry for her bosses rude behaviour. The thing the gent did not see was the faces of the, soon to be married, couple. It was a shock and "what have we gotten into" look.

I work in the hotel industry and would be out of a job should I ever talk like that to possible guests.

Shame Sahme!

Wesley H. Burton

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank CanmoreCub
Management response:Responded May 3, 2006

It is with great regret that Mr Burton did not follow up with his unannounced visit, sooner and directly with the Management/Ownership of A Bear and Bison Inn.

Our response would have been with courtesy and graciousness that all of our guests receive!!

We would have mentioned that the Self catering event that he walked in on, at what I am guessing was a high stress moment, (the guest's themselves were estatic, and failed to mention what seems to have been a case of bad timing).

The afore mentioned "Self Catering Option" was no longer being offered by our Inn, for exactly the reasons Mr. Burton mentioned! We agree with you that this was unexceptable, and should not have happened!

But as this event had been presold, we were honouring the contract made months previously.
(the original idea, seemed a good one, rent out the entire inn, to a group on a self catering basis and send the staff on vacation) but,,,,

As Mr Burton points out, having someone else (the guests themselves) in charge, as proven this idea to be less than ideal.

We do most sincerely apologize for this unfortunate event, and would like to assure everyone that we no longer offer self catered events

We would have liked the chance to address the issue directly with Mr Burton, in time for his sisters anniversary!

The fact that, Mr Burton has waited 8-9 month's to voice his concerns, and not forgotten,
Really show's us what we know to be true already,

In the hospitality industry, you must treat each and every guest with the utmost respect and dignity at all times!!

I would like to assure Mr Burton, and any other guests, that is is our steadfast believe and policy here at A Bear and Bison inn.

Reviewed January 15, 2006

My husband and I had a destination wedding at the Bear and Bison in August of 2005. Our family was able to join us. The Inn was wonderful. While it felt luxurious, it also very much felt like home. Lonny, Daniel and the rest of the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The wedding day was perfect, stress free, and I think very highly of everyone at the Inn and everyone Lonny recommended to help with the wedding.

It’s been nearly six months now, and we see our family usually twice a month, if not more often. Everyone still takes time to mention how much they enjoyed Canmore, the surrounding areas (they were not familiar with the area until we announced our wedding plans) and the Bear and Bison in particular. That’s immediately followed by a comment on how delicious Lonny’s food is (he also catered the wedding dinner) and a threat to make the 2500 mile trip just for the food. They also loved the picnic lunches that enable you get out and explore the park. And most everyone has commented on how comfortable the beds were.

It was a wonderful trip for all of us. We’d love to do it again soon.

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank tgato105
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed October 21, 2005

My husband and I chose the Bear and Bison for our wedding in September 2005 after viewing a number of other locations in the area. We were blown away by the fantastic scenery, and the attention to detail by all the staff. Absolutely fantastic.

We booked the whole Inn for the weekend so that our guests could all have a ‘mini holiday’ as well, and it was a choice that we are glad we made. It was a very relaxing weekend and we were made to feel as though this was our home. Scott, Lonny, Ruby and the other staff were attentive but unobtrusive – making sure that everyone was comfortable and enjoying their stay.

Canmore itself is about a 15-20 minute walk away, through a wooded area. Scott very kindly booked us in for an ad-hoc meal at the Drake Inn on the night we arrived – a bit of a get together organised at the last moment!

Our actual wedding was held in the grounds of the Inn and was perfect – thank-you for booking such great weather :o)

The food was superb and as some of our guests had different food likes and dislikes, these were catered for. Nothing was too much trouble.

As the bride – I got to check out all the rooms (!) and they were all gorgeous. They all look out to the front of the property with a glorious view of the Three Sisters. As we had small children staying, the lower floor with patios rather than balconies was perfect.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Inn to anyone. It really is a beautiful place to stay – and you will be spoilt by the accommodation, the food, the service, well, everything really!

Many thanks for making our day so very special – we look forward to returning and celebrating our wedding anniversaries with you all again soon.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2005

We were very fortunate to spend a whole weekend at the Bear and Bison during the wedding of some good friends of ours. From the beginning to the end the service from Lonny and his very friendly staff were second to none.For those of you who do not know a short stay here is also a prize in a charitable lottery where the first prize is a million dollar home. Quite frankly we would be just as pleased with the weekend stay at the Bear & Bison as we would the million dollar home.
We never thought that we would ever be able to sample the joys of places like this as they always seem so expensive and out of the reach of those who have to work for a living. If we won the lottery tomorrow this is the place we would go to celebrate.
Not only is the food out of this world but the views , ambience and attention to detail is astonishing (the tiles in the main room have an impression of the three sisters).
The staff there even bent over backwards for me when I found I had left my Black tie at home for the wedding. We would love to keep this gem of a place the secret of those in the know but that wouldn`t be fair. This is a place that remains with you when you leave and will always have a place in our hearts, thank you Lonny , Scott and the rest of the team.

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2005

Having travelled many miles from England I was greeted by Lonni & staff with a warm welcome.
The whole place was warm and inviting and the views of the three sisters mountain range are "Breath Taking". Lonni you have really built a piece of heaven, when you designed " A BEAR and BISON".
The whole weekend for my friends wedding "Paul & Lorraine" was catered for by the staff very good and especially Scott who thought of going the extra mile with impeckable service and nothing was to much trouble for him.

The rooms are very tastefully decorated including a corner bath and whirlpool, kingsize bed that i had the beat nights sleep in for a long time.
And the views in the morning are breath taking.

The 3 course breakfast was fantastic and a credit to Lonni as a previous guest had written " I almost licked the plate clean". I did....
the waitress service was also good.
The packed lunch supplied by Lonni was of a good standard especially the wrap and spicy sausage stick!.
Take it with you on one of the many excellent walks Lonni advises on as we found his advice and local knowledge very good. All i can say to Lonni and his staff is a big thank you for making my stay in Canmore one to cherish.

• Stayed: September 2005