My husband and I chose the Bear and Bison for our wedding in September 2005 after viewing a number of other locations in the area. We were blown away by the fantastic scenery, and the attention to detail by all the staff. Absolutely fantastic.
We booked the whole Inn for the weekend so that our guests could all have a ‘mini holiday’ as well, and it was a choice that we are glad we made. It was a very relaxing weekend and we were made to feel as though this was our home. Scott, Lonny, Ruby and the other staff were attentive but unobtrusive – making sure that everyone was comfortable and enjoying their stay.
Canmore itself is about a 15-20 minute walk away, through a wooded area. Scott very kindly booked us in for an ad-hoc meal at the Drake Inn on the night we arrived – a bit of a get together organised at the last moment!
Our actual wedding was held in the grounds of the Inn and was perfect – thank-you for booking such great weather :o)
The food was superb and as some of our guests had different food likes and dislikes, these were catered for. Nothing was too much trouble.
As the bride – I got to check out all the rooms (!) and they were all gorgeous. They all look out to the front of the property with a glorious view of the Three Sisters. As we had small children staying, the lower floor with patios rather than balconies was perfect.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Inn to anyone. It really is a beautiful place to stay – and you will be spoilt by the accommodation, the food, the service, well, everything really!
Many thanks for making our day so very special – we look forward to returning and celebrating our wedding anniversaries with you all again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by mountains this Bed & Breakfast style Inn is owner operated since 2002 by professional chef Lonny. All guest rooms have been designed for your comfort. 4 poster beds and jacuzzi tubs with views of the rocky mountains from either your balcony or patio. The Inn serves a 3 course breakfast with its B&B rates, you will not want to miss the food. Specialising in small group weddings (2 to 60 persons), the Inn has won awards for service and hospitality and local landscaping. Set below Lady Macdonald mountain in Canmore Alberta you can access hiking trail, mountain biking, cross country and downhill skiing within minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- A Bear And Bison Canadian Country Inn Canmore, Alberta