“Consistent Excellence is not by chance..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn

A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 Canmore B&B and Inns
Kamloops
“Consistent Excellence is not by chance..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2005

Having traveled for a number of years, I have always looked forward to coming back to Canmore. I've never failed to be completely overwhelmed and charmed by the outstanding facility and incredible hospitality of the folks at A Bear & Bison. It's a great place to relax and refresh too.

Lonnie and Fiona have consistently provided my traveling companions and I with the most gratious and considerate hospitality. From our arrival to departure, they have made all of us feel at home and at ease.

Several times we checked in late. Even then, they were cheerful and helpful, even suggesting the best local restaurants for a late dinnner and a beer.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like visiting some relatives! These folks are friendly and helpful without being familiar or intrusive.

My rooms have always been first class; regardless of which one Lonnie reserved for me. Every one has a magnificent view of the Canadian Rockies and is appointed as well as any four star suite I've stayed in anywhere. They are always spotlessly clean and tidy. The building and landscaping are like pages from Better Homes & Gardens. I don't know where they find the time!

The attention to detail and the absolute requirement that everything be "first class or not at all" is clearly apparent in every aspect of the operation from their most basic accomodations to Lonnie's wonderful creations. You can't be disappointed with the food, although you may not be familiar with some of it. After all, when you come to A Bear & Bison, it's reasonable to expect something excellent and different! If you only want bacon and eggs for breakfast, you should probably stay home. You're in for a treat here.

Likewise, the picnic lunches that Lonnie prepared for us were an adventure in themselves. My daughter and I were delighted and surprised as kids at Christmas as we discovered the wraps he'd carefully stowed for us. The smoked meat sausage was excellent. It reminded me of some really good pepperoni that I get from a great Italian deli in my home town. It was a nice counterpoint to the cheese and fruit that were also included. It took us all afternoon to finish lunch!

Travel should be an adventure, but it shouldn't be a hardship. It should provide you with an opportunity to experience new and unusual things that are outside your day to day experience. This place fills the bill.

I highly recommend A Bear & Bison as a great place to begin or end your adventure in the Canadian Rockies. Bring your partner, your kids, or whoever. You won't be dissapointed and neither will they!

A Bear & Bison is the perfect place for adventure of the best kind.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
7 Thank ohzone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2005

We want to share our experience at A Bear & Bison with you. My husband and I arrived in time for Happy Hour and the lounge was full of people enjoying the complimentary drinks, the warm atmosphere and the beautfiul scenery. We were looking for a place to have dinner and several recommendations were made and reservations handled for us.
Breakfast, ah what can we say about having a fabulous 3 course breakfast served to our room. And I am not embarrassed to say we stopped just short of licking our plates!
We decided to just take a leisurely drive and a picnic lunch was packed for us and waiting by the door. So we drove to Emerald Lake, sat at a picnic table, took in the view and devoured the wrap, bunwich, chicken, pepperoni, cheese, fruit, cookies, chips, & juice. What a treat!
That evening we enjoyed a soak in the hot tub and a great night sleep in their huge king size beds.
The host and staff are warm and welcoming and tended to our every need.
We recommend A Bear & Bison to all our friends and family and we can hardly wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2005