Having traveled for a number of years, I have always looked forward to coming back to Canmore. I've never failed to be completely overwhelmed and charmed by the outstanding facility and incredible hospitality of the folks at A Bear & Bison. It's a great place to relax and refresh too.
Lonnie and Fiona have consistently provided my traveling companions and I with the most gratious and considerate hospitality. From our arrival to departure, they have made all of us feel at home and at ease.
Several times we checked in late. Even then, they were cheerful and helpful, even suggesting the best local restaurants for a late dinnner and a beer.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like visiting some relatives! These folks are friendly and helpful without being familiar or intrusive.
My rooms have always been first class; regardless of which one Lonnie reserved for me. Every one has a magnificent view of the Canadian Rockies and is appointed as well as any four star suite I've stayed in anywhere. They are always spotlessly clean and tidy. The building and landscaping are like pages from Better Homes & Gardens. I don't know where they find the time!
The attention to detail and the absolute requirement that everything be "first class or not at all" is clearly apparent in every aspect of the operation from their most basic accomodations to Lonnie's wonderful creations. You can't be disappointed with the food, although you may not be familiar with some of it. After all, when you come to A Bear & Bison, it's reasonable to expect something excellent and different! If you only want bacon and eggs for breakfast, you should probably stay home. You're in for a treat here.
Likewise, the picnic lunches that Lonnie prepared for us were an adventure in themselves. My daughter and I were delighted and surprised as kids at Christmas as we discovered the wraps he'd carefully stowed for us. The smoked meat sausage was excellent. It reminded me of some really good pepperoni that I get from a great Italian deli in my home town. It was a nice counterpoint to the cheese and fruit that were also included. It took us all afternoon to finish lunch!
Travel should be an adventure, but it shouldn't be a hardship. It should provide you with an opportunity to experience new and unusual things that are outside your day to day experience. This place fills the bill.
I highly recommend A Bear & Bison as a great place to begin or end your adventure in the Canadian Rockies. Bring your partner, your kids, or whoever. You won't be dissapointed and neither will they!
A Bear & Bison is the perfect place for adventure of the best kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by mountains this Bed & Breakfast style Inn is owner operated since 2002 by professional chef Lonny. All guest rooms have been designed for your comfort. 4 poster beds and jacuzzi tubs with views of the rocky mountains from either your balcony or patio. The Inn serves a 3 course breakfast with its B&B rates, you will not want to miss the food. Specialising in small group weddings (2 to 60 persons), the Inn has won awards for service and hospitality and local landscaping. Set below Lady Macdonald mountain in Canmore Alberta you can access hiking trail, mountain biking, cross country and downhill skiing within minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- A Bear And Bison Canadian Country Inn Canmore, Alberta