“Intro to Ice Climbing”

Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures - Day Trips
Ranked #17 of 27 Tours in Canmore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures we pride ourselves on being the premier Mountain Adventure company owned and operated by a fully certified Mountain Guide. Offering carefully crafted mountain courses including avalanche safety and rock climbing skills to guided mountain adventures catering to all levels of outdoor enthusiasts. Our operations span from Canmore and Banff in the Canadian Rockies to the Sea to Sky Corridor of BC from Squamish to Whistler. o Come along and join our highly trained guides, and experience the most incredible outdoor adventures Canada has to offer!
Canmore, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Intro to Ice Climbing”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friend and I recently took the intro to ice climbing through Mountain Skills Academy. Mountain Skills Academy is the only guide owned guiding / mountain skills development company in the Bow Valley. That being said the pride of ownership was very apparent. The guide we had for the weekend was Eric the owner. From start to finish both days were extremely positive with Eric always keeping things fun / safe with a positive mental attitude.
The course was very informative and by the end of the weekend we were both very comfortable executing all of the skills we had learned over the weekend.
Lots of laughs were had by all and we will definitely go with Mountain skills academy for our next mountain skills course! Thanks Again MSA!

Visited January 2014

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Avalanche safety course 2”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Phil was an amazing guide, who really got us making our own safety decisions so we would be ready to lead for our own adventures. I learned so much crucial knowledge and it was presented in a way that allowed me to remember all of it!

Calgary, Canada
“Great!.....Very useful, efficient, and fun.....highly recommended”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have taken a few rock/ice courses with the academy. All the guides are very knowledgeable, good teachers, patient and goal oriented based on the group/individual.

Eric Dumerac (owner/guide) is a very accomplished all around mountaineer. He has setup numerous rock/alpine/mixed/ice routes in the Rockies including the hardest ice route in Canada (Right of passage). He is simply a great teacher/guide in addition to being a very talented climber.

Highly recommended.

West Kelowna, Canada
“Ice Climbing and Multi-pitch Climbing”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I Strongly recommend MSA to anyone who like Mountaneering, Ice Climbing..etc. Eric is a very knowlegeable and skills Mountaineer, World Class Expert Ice/Mixed Climber. Trust me... You will like him... :) He is my Climbing Mentor.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AST1”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Overall experience with MSA was 110%
From the booking to the course, everything was pro.
AST1 instructor, Brad, was super awesome - very knowledgeable, proffessional, patient and friendly. I have no problem recommending Mountain Skills Academy to anyone an dlook forward to my next course.

1 Thank relio123