The Hostel Bear is spacious, clean and comfortable. There's an airy open-plan kitchen, and a nice games room/ bar. Staff were helpful and we were able to leave our bags when we went on a weekend hiking trip.
The bedroom (we had our own private room) was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was very clean with a great hot shower. I can appreciate the hygiene aspect of plastic mattress covers, but I'm afraid they don't make for a comfortable night's sleep!
The one downside to the hostel is the location. It's bounded by a busy road to the front, and a freight train line to the rear... with trains during the night. If you're not a sound sleeper, bring some earplugs!
Other than that, a great value stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canmore’s newest hostel! Conveniently located one block from downtown Canmore. The Hostel Bear sleeps 170 guests. The spacious dorm rooms sleep 4-10 guests, with privacy curtains and night lights on each bunk, in addition each room has its own an en suite. Private rooms are also available. Amenities include large fully equipped kitchen, free wireless access and a large common lounge. Our friendly, helpful staff are here 24 hours a day to ensure your stay exceeds expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hostel Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Bear Hotel Canmore
- Hostel Bear Canmore, Alberta