“Brilliant”

Spice Hut Indian Cuisine.
Ranked #29 of 127 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Spice Hut is a Authentic Indian Cuisine. Come Try The Taste Of India at Spice Hut.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've eaten at Spice Hut four times now. Every meal was a positive experience, every dish was superb. They serve very generous portions of the best Indian cuisine we've ever tasted. (We've sought out Indian restaurants all over the world.) We highly recommend the pakora, the lamb or chicken korma, the vegetable jalfrezi, and the dahl. These dishes are so delectable, we keep ordering them each time we return. Everything they serve is made fresh, from scratch. They'll gladly adjust the level of spiciness for you. Our waitresses have always maintained the ideal balance between friendly and efficient. The atmosphere needs work, but the restaurant is new, so they're still concentrating on the food, and we applaud.

1  Thank nomadhikers

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I decided to try something different, so at the recommendation of a friend I tried this restaurant. A friend and I were greeted by a very friendly and helpful waitress. We placed our orders and did not have to wait very long for the food to arrive. We were enjoying our meals which were quite tasteful(this being the first time I had ever tried Indian food). I was about half way through my meal when I bit down on a small piece of glass in my chicken and rice. My friend and I were both speechless, I took the piece of glass directly to our waitress who in turn took it to her boss. After a few minutes, someone who I'm guessing was the manager( he did not introduce himself)came to our table. He said he did not know how the glass got in my food and the best he could do was to deduct 20% off my bill. To which even our waitress did not think this was fair,(but it"s her boss, what can she say).To advoid making a scene in front of my friend I agreed to pay. In my opinion the management of this place needs to realize that treating a patron with respect is more important then a few dollars. It's a small town, reputation means evrything! I will never eat at this restaurant again and will NEVER recommend it to my friends!

6  Thank 622disrespected
Spice Hut C, Manager at Spice Hut Indian Cuisine., responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We APOLOGISE for your experience. I would like to offer you full refund for your meal and we take alota pride in our service food quality and Taste. In the mean time we are glad you liked our food please visit us any time and ask for Jay.

Thanks

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited The Spice Hut on a 2 night Canmore stay. The butter chicken was excellent. The naan very yummy and so fresh. Price was reasonable - 2 entrees, 3 naan's, dish of rice and 2 beers and wine for just over $50.

1  Thank CalgaryGirl
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had lamb tika masala and chicken vindaloo, both medium heat. The veg pakoras were really well seasoned - can be bland if not prepared well. Both mains were terrific and authentic. Not too oily and salty which we have experienced at other Indian restaurants. Good quality lamb and chicken too. All in came to approx $35 with rice. Highly recommended. Just one tip: this is a massive tourist town and yet no on-line menu!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Good was great, butter chicken was great. Naan bread & coconut rice was equally as delishious. Will be back real soon. Although the service was a little off but I think there are fairly new so some growing pains. Regardless the foods worth the wait