“Absolutely beautiful area!” 5 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Absolutely beautiful area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Outstanding area for hiking or just driving through, especially when autumn colors are at their peak!

Visited September 2013

Calgary
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“beautiful country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

A beautiful drive to be enjoyed during any season. The water is so clear and pristine you can see the bottom. The drive starts out very sketchy, over a wash board road, but it does end in a Km or so and the road further is gravel surface but a good road. The scenery is well worth the trip and I personally recommend it to all my friends/co-workers. TAKE A CAMERA -- there are lots of nice photo ops of the surrounding mountains, reflection pictures and wildlife. Early mornings are great for spotting wildlife. A good telephoto lens and binoculars help. We often see moose feeding in the lake. One such time in the spring/early summer we spotted 3 moose feeding on the opposite side of the lake. Take your time and enjoy the peace, tranquility and fantastic scenery.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Peter R
Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beauty Upon Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We traveled to the area in the early morning. The air was still brisk, two kayakers braving the chilly water. We walked along the peaceful shore, such beauty. As we left we encountered a number of vehicles heading to this no doubt popular spot.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank PJ P
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Point, Upper Kananaskis Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

After a late season (mid October) hike to camp at the Point, first thought was fantastic, must write it up, second thought - What? Encourage other people to share this unique experience? No way!
Ethics won, so here is my report and photos (camera did not like cold temperatures). Met two moose en route, and bear tracks (VERY large claws) going into the campground, so take all necessary precautions.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chris Y
Toronto, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Just beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first experience in the mountains.

Coming from Ontario to Alberta, I was told I would be about 10 lbs heavier than the locals because of relative fitness levels. I was passed by a senior with a cane, children, and a pregnant woman. I offered to let my friend ride me like a toboggan on the way back down.

That said, the views were beautiful. The lake was pristine and untouched, but it was freeezing.

Highly recommend this.