WINNER WONDERLAND

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Tyler, Texas
“Great prime rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My prime rib was "fork tender". I was surprised when they didn't give me a steak knife when they brought my prime rib, all I had was a butter knife and it worked just fine for this juicy, tender meat.

Visited October 2012

“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very fresh salad bar. Outstanding prime rib, the best salmon I've had and no room for desert (which looked great) Attentive, friendly staff and mountain views made for a wonderful evening.

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Good meal, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had the steak and the ribs, both very tasty. Good service, very attentive. We wanted the Mississippi mud pie for desert as the table next to us had been served some earlier. We were disappointing to be told they had sold out, however, the server kindly arranged for us to have a couple of portions from a freshly made one with only a short wait. Couldn't have been more accommodating.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Best meal in Alberta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We happened upon Rico's, just walking down the main street of Canmore, looking for someplace fairly nice to eat. We found a great surprise at Rico's! It is a new restaurant in Canmore (opened April 2012) and is owned by Jason and Rico, who is also the chef. Jason was our waiter. What a nice, welcoming, energetic, friendly person he is! And the food was fabulous! They have a salad/soup bar for starters that had two different kinds of soup (we didn't try any soup) and a vast array of veggies and salad items on the salad bar. Everything was fresh, crisp and tasty. The best part was the prime rib, which was delicious! It was cooked to perfection and served with sides of mashed potatoes and fresh veggies, which were also good. We were not familiar with the wine Jason recommended, so he was very kind and brought each of us a sample to taste. And he was right - we loved the wine! This was by far the best meal we had throughout western Canada!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Doubletcarol
Calgary, Canada
“Here's the beef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went for the prime rib and weren't disappointed. Mine was served exactly as I ordered it. Tender, juicy a generous slice of real prime rib. ( I don't know what it is, but other chains who specialize in prime rib and steaks serve something that looks like prime rib and more or less tastes like it, but I always wonder what they have done to it as it has a 'plastic' quality.) my partner's ribs were a bit light on the meat, and perhaps a touch dry, but still tasty. however, the mashed potatoes were NOT very good. They tasted pre- prepared and slightly artificial.
Dinner comes with a salad bar, which was fine, nie fresh mixed lettuce and lots of extras, but a little more imagination in the dressing offerings would be nice. I hadn't planned to have dessert but my partner wanted the mud pie - not chocolate-y enough for him - so I ordered the strawberry crepes. Fresh made that minute, the crepe outshone almost any other crepe I have ever eaten and that includes Parisian crepes. The filling was strawberries and fresh soft caramel, and the whole thing was topped with whipped cream. I think I'd rather have some nuts or nut cream filling like nutella rather than the caramel, but it was delicious and freshly made.
I'll go back any time I feel like prime rib ribs or lobster, their other specialty.

• Visited August 2012