“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Canmore
Southern Albertan
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I had a great stay recently. The room was modern , beds were comfortable and the pillows good. The ventilation system was really noisy, we opted to turn off the heat in spurts ,the weather was warm and the room stayed really pleasant. Our room was not ready when we arrived at about 4:15 took about another 20 minutes. ,
We opted to walk into town a really pleasant 1/2 hour walk, all down hill.
Restaurants in the area are abundant and really varied.
The hot tub outside was really nice to sit in while it snowed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magic07

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We decided to trade a week and this resort was all that was left. My husband booked it and to be honest I wasa bit worried as Tripadvisor was not too keen on the facility. I have to say boy was I wrong! This beautiful little town in a hidden gem... Absolutely beautiful with wonderful walking trails all over. The resort was very clean and quiet with a nice pool and jacuzzi. The only problem was the jacuzzi had to be shut down the last day we were there due to a problem with the electrical. Better safe then sorry and they had another one inside anyway. They also had a dry sauna as well which was very nice. My only knock to the property is that the kitchen could use a few more "tools" for cooking. Not that I did much, but a measuring spoon would have helped while making my coffee each morning. All in all... I would come back tomorrow if I could. I'm sitting in the airport now to go back to Cali and don't want to go home! I love Canada

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom condo as that is all they have I do believe.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank love_to_travel32825
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We checked in on 2/4/11. Only 7 guests were checking out from the prior week. Besides the fact that check-in time is ridiculous (4PM), they were unable to meet this and clean 7 rooms from 10am - 4PM. I guess we couldn't get a previously cleaned room. The woman at the desk was the first bad experience. Rude. Our dishwasher didn't work. You could almost tell by looking at it as the door opened and almost hit the floor..insides severely cut up by years of use. They sent someone up who named about 4 problems with the unit and said that it needed to be replaced. We washed everything by hand the entire week. No replacement. The coffee maker is a circa 80's unit....complete with the coffee stains and it boils out all over the counter on occasion. The formica counters had 2 plate sized burns in them. Several of the pots and spatulas were either missing handles or the handles were in the process of falling off. The couch seat pillows were full of holes. The main TV had no sound on several channels. We had to pull the small TV from the bedroom to be able to hear the super-bowl. We brought the manager in to describe all the issues. He said that they're "too small" to be able to deal with the problems. When we checked out today we went to get the luggage cart to move our luggage. Unfortunately it was being used by the cleaning people to move their supplies around. Besides this, if you're going skiing, Canmore is an hour from Lake Louise skiing and about 30 minutes from Sunrise. Canmore is a nice little town...but too far to walk from the Grand Canadian. If you want to stay in Canmore, find somewhere besides the Grand Canadian.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike B

Travelers are raving about these Canmore hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I loved the hotel from the moment I walked in. The entrance was welcoming yet elegant. The rooms were a great size and I loved that they were suites. The kids slide was wonderful for the kids and we enjoyed the indoor/outdoor hottub.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Farzanashariff
Grenfell,SK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Staff clueless.Pool shut down for the month with no notice prior to arriving so what do you do with 3 very active kids who were looking forward to the pool.The adjoining hotel was reimbursing there guests the money for using the rec. center in town while we were told that we should have been notified by II. I will be talking to them as well as i didn't receive any notice from them.Rooms filthy and not well maintained.One of the matresses needed to be replaced as caved in the middle we are here on day 3 and still waiting for it to be replaced so kids are sleeping on the floor.Bring everything from home to stock the place including your kitchen sink as sink plug doesn't even work.Will never come back and will definetly not reccommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jamie K
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Invited the in-laws to the family time share. Nice to have two private bedrooms and a full kitchen -- good family time and good space! Very quiet and secluded location -- ideal for getting away from it all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AcademicTravels
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I reserved this unit through a timeshare swap with II. There were not any recent reviews when my swap was made. I was worried about my choice. I was very happy with the resort when we got there. The unit had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living/dining area, kitchen and small balcony. The bed was comfortable. I didn't cook while we were there but the kitchen was stocked with everything you need to cook and serve meals. Our unit was in the back and we had a very nice view of a wooded area. There is also underground parking available which was nice when it rained. We would stay here again if we go back to Canmore.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple