My wife a friend and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July , beginning of August 2011.
I will list in point form things I think you will need to know if you are thinking of staying at this property.
- The building is clean enough and so was the room we were in.
- The lobby isn't open or manned all hours so if you need help after hours you need to call. Lucky for us we didn't need too.
- Since the Lobby isn't manned after hours you need to carry an additional key (over and above your room key card) to get into the building. Or to get into the elevator at any time from the underground parking.
- The extra key doesn't work all that well but it does work. ( You have to forcefully giggle it until it finally works.) This happens in the elevator doors from the parkade. When asked the staff informed us to giggle the key and it will work. ( Good fix )
- Underground parking was free but the door was short at 6'1" so no SUV with roof carrier.
- Wireless Internet was an extra charge in your room but you could use the computer down in the lobby.
- There are no hot tubs or pools on the property but you can use the ones next door for you guessed it a fee for the day.
- The cleaning staff was nice and helpful.
- The lobby staff was nice as well but the night guy didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about because when we checked in he told us we had a suite but it ended up being a room with the queen size beds.
- The beds were ok. I slept well but the pillows are thin and lumpy. ( Bring your own )
- The whole building is out of date and everything was older, IE. TV. paint, etc. This doesn't bother me as long as things work and they did but others may be turned off.
All in all for the price this room was not worth it. The pictures shown on Trip for this property don't represent the room we stayed in so don't be fooled.
In my opinion the room was worth $70 a night not double that which is the price we paid through Travelocity. I do understand this is Canmore and the hotels can ask more but then don't try and nickel and dime on the extras.
There are better choices in Canmore than this property at comparable pricing so unless this is the last room in town ( Last Resort ) then try a different place to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset Resorts Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Resorts Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Sunset Hotel Canmore
- Canmore Sunset Hotel
- Sunset Resorts Canmore Alberta