“Will dine here again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
“Will dine here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I dined here with my 11 year old son and we both enjoyed Thai It Up, being our first time at this restaurant. I enjoyed every dish I ordered - the Tom Yum Hot & Sour Soup tasted very fresh and flavourful. We also ordered the chicken thai green curry and the butter chicken.

Being "gluten sensitive", I had to be picky about what I ordered, and while they don't have gluten free showing on their menu, the server was knowledgeable enough about menu contents to point me in the right direction in terms of what to order.

Restaurant ambience is quite nice and they play pretty good music here, too (the night we went, it was alternative to light rock), and we could easily carry on a conversation.

Will definitely dine here again.

• Visited February 2013

Canmore, Canada
“Confused by the positive reviews, have not had a good curry here yet!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm honestly really confused by the reviews of this place. I have yet to have a good curry at this place despite the fact that I keep trying it and really WANT to like it.

I grew up in Vancouver and have traveled a lot and maybe that is the problem. I have had curry and Thai food from other locations that was so good, I dream about it. Thai it up's incarnations of Thai food are just so pale in comparison to what Thai can be. Sadly the butter chicken dish is the worst, dry and lacking in flavor. On our last try, the food was even cold.
I wish this place well and am glad that everyone else loves it, but I can't recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Laura_Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Best in Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I crave food from Thai it Up all the time, and I live in Portland OR, where there is Thai everywhere.

Highly recommended!!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sandy m
Calgary
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were passing through on our way back from Banff to Calgary and stopped off in Canmore for a bite to eat. Stumbled across Thai it Up. Completely enjoyed the experience. So much flavour in everything I tried. They sell their sauces which is also really nice. I just made up a batch of green curry with chicken for my lunch at the office tomorrow but it is so good I think I ate half my lunch this evening already. Have some other sauces from the restaurant for meals later in the week. Great restaurant and I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
Banff National Park, Canada
“Unexpectedly good for Fusion in the Rockies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Shrimp pad thai is my favourite. Most of their food is really good and the service is friendly. I'm not a huge fan of their chicken pad thai... mainly because of the seasoning they put on the chicken, and I think it's odd that the chicken is shredded.

Visited January 2013