“Amazing! Best in Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai It Up - CLOSED

Thai It Up
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Canmore, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Best in Canada”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I crave food from Thai it Up all the time, and I live in Portland OR, where there is Thai everywhere.

Highly recommended!!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sandy m

Calgary
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were passing through on our way back from Banff to Calgary and stopped off in Canmore for a bite to eat. Stumbled across Thai it Up. Completely enjoyed the experience. So much flavour in everything I tried. They sell their sauces which is also really nice. I just made up a batch of green curry with chicken for my lunch at the office tomorrow but it is so good I think I ate half my lunch this evening already. Have some other sauces from the restaurant for meals later in the week. Great restaurant and I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
Banff National Park, Canada
“Unexpectedly good for Fusion in the Rockies”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Shrimp pad thai is my favourite. Most of their food is really good and the service is friendly. I'm not a huge fan of their chicken pad thai... mainly because of the seasoning they put on the chicken, and I think it's odd that the chicken is shredded.

Visited January 2013
Canmore, Canada
“Sorry but not very good.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Myself and my wife tried this place, the dishes where terrible. I have had a lot of Thai food before and this had honestly nothing to do with Thai. I would give this one a miss. The pad thai was ok, shouldn't be called pad thai, I would say more noodles with a little omelette underneath. Expensive and just not worth it. Sorry but you need to step it up.

• Visited December 2012
“Satisfying food with healthy options”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Even though I will always think of this place as the Thai Bus it's doing an even better job as a permanent installation. It's not much more than a order/pick-up desk with a couple spots to sit but the place is clean and friendly with newspapers and magazines to read while you wait.

The food is flavourful and tastes as though it was made of real ingredients, and recently at that. It reminds me of Thai food far more than the usual store-bought curry pastes and spice mixes. Fresh vegetables are well incorporated into most dishes and fish or vegetarian options are available for many dishes.

Finally, it's worth coming here over and over for the poutines - all are excellent but the Sweet Potato Poutine with Green Curry is by far the best.

Price is about 9-12 for most dishes.

• Visited December 2012