We've stayed at this hotel every summer since 2007, but were disappointed for the first time around during a recent stay.
The hotel is under new management (Remai Zwack Ventures Inc.) and the service and amenities are slowly deteriorating. The door handle on our room was broken and wasn't fixed during our entire five-day stay, even after alerting hotel staff to the problem. The breakfast room was understaffed and items were missing. The fitness room is old with outdated equipment and very stuffy due to poor ventilation. There used to be a water cooler for those working out, but that has been replaced with new "no food or drink" signs. The steam room was out of order the last few days of our trip and the men's change room near the pool didn't have soap or shampoo in the shower area. The biggest complaint comes with the wireless Internet. Best Western used to use SpeedLinks as their provider, but have switched to someone else. The Internet was slower than dial-up speeds and sometimes wouldn't connect at all. Front desk staff were clueless on a fix and the toll-free number they directed us to for technical support made it sound like it was a hardware issue on our end, not theirs. We tried multiple wireless devices and had the same misfortune. The games room downstairs is very hot and doesn't help if you work up a sweat playing a round of pingpong.
The only plus I can think of was the waterslide and recently upgraded pool lights and furniture. The hotel is also very clean and the beds are comfortable.
Hopefully our stay next year (should we choose to give this place another shot) will be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is your ideal lodging choice while visiting Canmore Alberta. From the warm welcome in our lobby to our spacious guest rooms, you are sure to experience superior service while staying with us.Our hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with a multitude of amenities including stunning views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains, fireplaces, free high-speed wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and LCD TV’s. Guests can enjoy our daily complimentary hot continental breakfast and access to our business centre, fitness facility, games room and meeting rooms. In addition, our hotel features a whirlpool, steam room, sauna and indoor swimming pool with a large waterslide perfect for the whole family to enjoy.Just minutes away from Banff National Park the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is a great place to explore the Canadian Rockies, natural hot springs, lakes, glaciers, canyons, and ski resorts. When visiting Canmore Alberta, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn will make your stay feel just like home, but better. Our relaxing atmosphere, tastefully appointed rooms and friendly hospitality are the perfect complement to your visit to the Canadian Rockies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Pocaterra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel Canmore
- Best Western Canmore
- Canmore Best Western
- Best Western Pocaterra Inn Canmore, Alberta