All reviews room was clean daily housekeeping stayed here for nights toilet paper town centre short drive banff mountains refrigerator
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Stayed here one night to go skiing because it was "cheap". The owners kids were staying at the same time and partied until 2 AM. Called the front desk to come up and talk to them. No action (of course). Called again 10 minutes later and no answer at the front desk (of course).

This place is not a good value at any price. There are many hotels/motels on the same street (Kananaskis Way) for only a few dollars more where you will have a much more enjoyable stay.

Read the rest of the reviews. They are accurate.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SKI-JPL
Reviewed September 22, 2008

we had a horrible experience......my niece was attending a hockey school in the town....and they knew nothing of the location of the recreation center.....nor would they restart the router so I could use my wireless laptop!even though they advertised wireless internet....do not believe them! I didall i could to help them understand...
When I asked the lady in charge of hotel....she reacted to my suggestion of restarting her connection with *crossed arms* and A LOT or attitude.
not only that they would not replace all towels used....and would leave my family with less necessities than we started with when we entered the room.
I am very much a people person,....but I rate this hotel the WORST I have ever attended. being on the road I have attended much better in quality.... (for the same price) and with better service as well. I take my niece to that hockey scool every year....but will NEVER ever stay with that outfit again!..,...I thought I might be saving a little on cash....but ended up paying a lot in lack of service, caring, personality, and internet connection.....so if you need to use the internet to work....NEVER stay here! especially if you want your sheets changed!

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Mountain View Inn on August 31, 2008 for the Canmore Highland Games.
The room was adequate but I did not have a shower in the room because the tub looked like it had not been cleaned properly for a long time. There was a soap scum look to the whole thing and there had been something spilled down the side of the tub that was not washed off. The corners of the bathroom along the floor and tub had not been properly washed. There was no plug in the sink. No pictures on the walls. The towels were ruff. The light base in the bathroom was rusted, one light bulb was burnt out. Also, an item that is almost standard now in hotels is a hairdryer and there was none.

The dresser the TV sat on or that you might use to put your cloths in had two broken drawers. The sheets were not tucked into the bed properly and the mattress cover was inadequate. One lamp shade had broken plastic liner, the clock radio was over by the TV not beside the bed. Not even a pen and note pad in the drawer. No directions on how to use the phone.

In a place like Canmore ( a tourist town) there should have been pamphlets of information about eating at least in the room.

Overall for the price it was not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank scotwhiskey
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife and my two young daughters arrived in Canmore from Calgary at about 9:30pm on Aug. 14, 2008. We stopped first at a grocery store then decided to check out the Mountain View Inn as we noticed a "vacancy" sign that was illuminated. The time was now a little after 10pm.
I went in and got a room on the second floor. The hotel only has two floors and no elevator. My wife and kids and I went to our room (210). The room looked presentable and soon we began to get comfortable. We all had a bit to eat and then our girls got ready for bed. My wife pulled back the covers on one of the beds and noticed a hair on the pillowcase. The pillow cases also did not appear to be clean. We pulled back the covers on the other bed and discovered that the linen was not changed on thisbed either. We found stains and hair in both beds.
I went back downstairs and expained the situation to the clerk. He checked a paper and told me that yes the room had been cleaned. I agreed that the room had been cleaned, however the linen on the beds had not been changed. He gave me another key to room 217. My wife and I went to check this room out and also found hair in one of the beds, as well as noticeable impressions on one of the pillows where someone had slept..
I went back downstairs and told the clerk about room 217 also having unchanged linen. I asked him to come up to both rooms to have a look for himself. Instead he insisted I take yet another room. I refused the third room and instead asked him to get me clean sheets and pillowcases for our original room, which he did. I then returned to room 210, changed the sheets and pillowcases on the beds.
When we checked out in the morning there was no-one in the lobby and a note on the desk instructed me to leave my key or write a note saying I was staying another night.
When we arrived back to B.C. I called and spoke with the manager and explained my experience to her. She told me she would look into the matter and call me. She did not return a call. I called her back on Aug. 22 and asked her politely for some compensation in the form of either a complete refund of what I paid or a portion thereof. She refused and said basically "That's what you get for $109 dollars. For Canmore that's a pretty good rate"
Regardless of the rate, as a guest at any hotel, inn or B+B one should not have to sleep on dirty linen.
This is my honest experience. I will definately not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Very noisy and poorly constructed building spoiled our enjoyment. The paint and decor needs some refreshing.