Mountain View Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hampshire Inn(Canmore)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanstayed here for nightscouple of nightstoilet paperearly checktown centretrain tracksrefrigerator
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I bought a Groupon getaway for Mountain View Inn in Canmore. We thought it was a good deal at the time that we bought the coupon as we love to go to Canmore and Banff from time to time. There was an extra charge for a premier king suite which only provided a very hard older king bed (not a pillow-top), a bar fridge, microwave and coffee maker but no cups or glasses. There were no pictures on the wall and the furniture was very plain. Too us this should have been a standard room without an extra charge for a king suite. When we got there the desk took our credit card and made us sign for lost keys, damage deposit, etc. The key was on a small plastic tag which could be easily lost by falling out of your pocket. BEWARE you will be charged the full $100 if you do lose the key! They do not have an electronic card key system in place. When we got to the room we noticed that the vacuuming was done in the middle of the floor but not at the edge of the bed. We found Christmas ribbon (Mid-January) and crumbs there and under the table too. The bathroom was not well cleaned to the extent that we did not want to use the tub with the stains and dirty shower curtain. The front desk staff did their best to be helpful but were in an impossible situation with the management policies that they were expected to follow.This place is a dump and does not measure up to many places we have stayed at for less money. It really needs upgrading. We will not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely not be back!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilangel_gal
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Super cheap place to stay! We were here over New Years.

The staff is super friendly and were very helpful!

The rooms were not as bad as the people before me said. I've stayed in much worse places for far more money!

There are no housekeepers, but we were told that when we checked in. People really need to pay attention and stop whining. They have a vaccuum and other cleaning supplies available if needed.

If you want all the in room comforts like a coffee maker and fridge. Or if you are looking for somebody to replace your towels and bed sheets every morning then pay more money and stay somewhere else.

This is now my go to place when coming to the mountains. It is soooo cheap!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a dump! Very ran down the whole place was burned with cigarets burns everywhere. I never seen housekeeping once and they never cleaned our room, had to ask for a garbage bag and the garbage can looked like it had not been cleaned since 1999. The toilet and bathroom smelled of urine, shower was so terrible had to take a bath. No fridge or coffee maker in room, beds as hard as Rock. They charged u 100 dollars per key :/ Cheap prices so I guess u get what u paid for best thing about this hotel is location.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tamara6065
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was the WORST groupon experience I have every had, such a disappointment! The Hotel was TERRIBLE,

1.When I first called to book they told me I had to book by Dec first which was not listed anywhere on my groupon

2. When we arrived we had to pay 100.00 deposit for a key per room ( I now have a 200.00 hold on my card for 3 days)

3. The bathrooms were dirty!

4. No one came to clean or do anything in our room there were additional charges for cleaning making beds, vacuuming even taking out the garbage.When I asked about it apparently the lady who checked us in was suppose to have told us this. How about they tell you this BEFORE you book!

5.We couldn't get fresh towels unless we took our soiled towels to the front desk to exchange them
6. No coffee machines in room Lobby coffee machine was always empty and we were told they only make coffee at 7 am.

7. They state you get free wifi but if your lucky it only worked lobby area sometimes

8. Beds are hard as a rock!

I am sorry but this has made me very nervous of buying another groupon

This is what I also wrote to the groupon company today we just checked out this morning what a disapointment

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Natalies23
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well where to begin..A Total Disappointment. I just stayed their with my child this past Sat/Sun night on a Groupon Deal and we almost left after first night. We arrive to be told it's a $100 deposit per room key, overall hotel is in very poor condition. Room had no pictures on walls (maybe afraid someone would steal them? lol) stains on wall, chairs, carpet. Beds were hard as rock. If you wanted a fridge it was an extra $15 per night. No Coffee or anything in room that every other hotel I have stayed at had complimentary (low budget or highend). Lobby coffee machine was always empty and we were told they only make coffee at 7 am. Wifi if your lucky is only in lobby area. TV is a 20 inch 90's big boxstyle. No restaurant, gym, no amenities etc...
The Sat night other guests across hall were yelling slamming doors most of night, onsite security in building did nothing. Another guest had to ask them to be quiet finally.
If this wasn't a prepaid Groupon Voucher I would of left after first night. With the $21.60 in tax due upon arrival and the voucher cost it wasn't a deal at all for the accommodations you got.
I suggest anyone with a Groupon deal here that has used it and feels the same disgust I do, Call Groupon and complain. They will help and did redeem my confidence in using them again to purchase travel deals. Report this hotel so they do not keep offering this deal online to buy. This hotel needs to be shut down for complete renovations and needs new management to really put the guests needs first. This is my first Poor hotel experience finding deals online.
I have read many other complaints now for this hotel on here and wish I saw them before my trip!
Hope my review saves someone else this awful experience or buying this "not a deal" online!
Cheers

Room Tip: I was actually "upgraded" to the mountainview side when I booked the reservation. I laugh because this hotel is on main road but has big trees infront of it so my view was half of big trees and a small slice of the mountains
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family