All reviewsroom was cleandaily housekeepingstayed here for nightstoilet papertown centreshort drivebanffmountainsrefrigerator
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from a trip to Alberta, We decided on the way home to stay at the Mountain View Inn since it seemed affordable for a quick overnight stay before heading home.
The location of the hotel is great, and the outside of the hotel looked okay at first glance, But once we parked and went to go in we realized there was a huge dent on the side of the building where a car must of drove in to ( not kidding ), The Air conditioner it hit had no back siding to it and they just left it looking that way. When we got in we were greeting buy a young gentleman, he was very friendly and knowledgeable . When we got into our room we were disgusted by it, the beds were hard as rock, There was a broken lamp , The tv was from the early 90's with squiggly lines on the channels that worked and half of them you couldn't see anything at all, When I had got on the bed I realized there was green glitter all over !. My boyfriend wanted to check something on the internet so he went down to get the password for the " highspeed " internet, only to be told that " well, you can try it in your room but the best place to get reception is down here " , To go on the internet , we would of had to go sit downstairs in the tiny lobby, and this isn't the worst of it, If we had wanted our room cleaned the next morning like what most hotels do complimentary , It would cost 50.00 for a room to be wiped down, or 20.00 for a super light clean, 0r 10.00 to get our bedding changed.
This hotel is disgusting, It had the potential to be a good hotel if they did a full makeover of the hotel and got new management (The new management it has clearly doesn't know how to run a hotel )....So my best advice is save up a extra 50$ and stay at another hotel in town, If you do plan on staying here anyways, Make sure you have a extra 100.00 for damage deposit ( yes this crappy hotel asks for a damage deposit ) .

Room Tip: Any room not in this hotel would be a great room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Elaina K
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Beautiful views of the mountains out the window. Centrally located in Canmore, older but still in great condition. The air conditioner makes a lot of noise. Lacks conveniences like a pool and breakfast. Otherwise a nice room and quiet stay.

Room Tip: A nice Vietnamese restaurant around the corner
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Room was dark, carpet was dirty, there was a plywood slab between mattress & boxspring.
The room smelled of lemon scented bug spray. I noticed the unoccupied rooms windows were open all night - is that a sign? The desk clerk was slow as molasses & we were informed there would be no one on the premises after 11 pm - there is a phone in lobby if we need assistance

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DLR09
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit sceptical having read previous reviews of this place on Trip Advisor. However this place has been under new management since 2012 and is a good value for money motel.

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Customer service was fine and helpful.

There aren't tons of amenities in the rooms but the basics are there and functional.

Bottom line: we were looking for a lower priced place to stay for a night while enroute and passing through Canmore and this place provided a good night sleep that didn't cost all that much.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had read the horrible reviews and was worried about what we would find, but as we were only going to be there for one night's sleep, a shower in the morning, and out the door, we figured we'd give it a try as the price was certainly right.

When we arrived, I noticed the exterior and the lobby areas were clean and neat. The gentleman at the desk was cheerful, welcoming, and professional. We checked in, and went up to our room, leaving our luggage in the car at first, as I had to do my first check that I do at all hotels, whether it's a 5 star or a 2 star - I check for bed bugs. I noticed the room even smelled clean, and as I was peeling back the bedding to check the mattress and boxspring, I noticed the bedding was clean. There was no sign of a single bed bug, and my friend was checking the bathroom and advised it was nice and clean, so we went and brought up our luggage. Yes, the furniture and decor is dated, and there is signs of wear and tear, but as we were only going to be in the room to sleep and shower, we didn't care. The place was clean, and that was our main concern. We both had a good sleep and found the beds to be comfortable and there was next to nothing for noise from the road out front. We heard nothing from the rooms around us, and the only complaint we had was a couple of girls (other guests) were excessively loud walking past our door in the evening and again the next morning - but that is just ignorance and rudeness on the part of other guests and has nothing to do with the hotel. Upon checkout, the gentleman at the desk was great - very helpful with suggestions, and very please we were happy with our stay. He was concerned about the negative reviews, as they just took over management in March of 2012, and are working to overcome those reviews.

The place is nothing spectacular, has nothing much for amenties, but it was clean, comfortable, and conveniently located, with a cheerful, professional, front desk staff. I recommend this place if you are just looking for a good place to sleep, but not if you are looking for lots of amenities, or up-to-date posh surroundings. For us, we were happy as we weren't there to spend any time in our room, but to wander around enjoying Canmore and it's surroundings. It was perfect for a place to sleep and shower, which was all we were looking for, and the price was great, and the room was clean. I will definately be back on a future trip to the Rockies.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room on the top (2nd floor) and possibly ask for one on the side away from Bow Valley Road. Our room faced the road and we didn't have an issue, but the other side facing the parking lot could be even quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends