All reviews room was clean daily housekeeping stayed here for nights toilet paper town centre short drive banff mountains refrigerator
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Mountain View Inn (MVI) was pretty bad. In all honesty, my partner and I were just looking for something cheap to lay our heads for a few hours and this one had a "new management" sale. I mean, for the two of us, it was actually cheaper than getting two bunks at the local hostel.

The rooms were fairly large and basic, which was fine. The tv had cable and worked, The sheets were clean.

The rest of the room however, was not clean. It may be because I worked at a hotel as a housekeeping supervisor in the past, but if I ever seen this quality, I would fire my housekeepers. Let me start a small list;
- Everything was dusty
- food around the base of the bed
- literally dirt and gravel in the dresser drawers
- looks like the bath faucet hasnt' been wiped.....ever
- hair all over the bathroom
- toilet stains, which could have easily been wiped
- a shower curtain that has also likely NEVER been changed.

All in all,,...cheap as dirt, but about as clean.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canadiantruth
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed at this Inn for 5 nights in Sept/Oct 2011, and found the service absolutely atrocious!! The room was ok (but I had to see 4 other rooms before I found one that was ok-either toilet didn't flush, or was in a weird location, etc.). There was a young female clerk working at the front desk who kept trying to initiate conversation with me and was overly chatty and said that she had worked at another hotel in Canmore and was fired. She also said that the Mountain View Inn was closing on Sunday Oct 2, 2011 for lack of business and would re-open in spring. When I checked in I paid cash, so they took a $50 deposit for incidentals and when I checked out on Oct 2 it was to be refunded to me. I went to the front desk and the office doors were locked and there was a sign on the desk saying they would reopen at 9am. Well, it was already 11am and no one was there. The coffee was on and the clerk's car was parked outside so she was in the building. I think she took the money and was hiding out somewhere in the Inn. I left a couple of messages on the Inn's voice mail for the owner, Tina Sidhu, and got no reply. I mentionned that if I did not get my $50 back I would sue them and take other legal action.

They sound like a bunch of crooks. And what kind of an Inn would hire a clerk like that? She must have bad references. And what a way to treat a guest! I paid $75 a night to stay there for 5 nights and there is no reason for them not to refund my deposit.

This place should be avoided at all costs! My guess is that they will not be re-opening due to crappy service.

Room Tip: This Inn has atrocious service and management and will rip you off. They did not have many guests staying there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank sugarpie_11
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I attended my son's wedding in Canmore and booked two nights at the Mountain View Inn through "Hotels.Com." We were greeted by a pleasant young man, "Jimmy" and were given a quiet room on the second floor, (there are only two floors, no elevator which was no problem for us). The room was basic but adequate. The bathroom was clean, with plenty of hot water in the bathtub/shower, with very strong water pressure. I would have put a water restrictor into the shower head to conserve water. The queen bed was clean and comfortable.
For the price, we were satisfied with this budget hotel. Also, I would like to mention a very good Thai restaurant a couple of blocks down the road on the same side as the A&W. The place is run by an Austrian with a Thai wife. Very good authentic Thai food. Canmore is a very pretty and quaint little town, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I booked a quiet room on line which I received
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Traved Icefields parkway to Canmore with no reservations, was suggested we try Mountain View Inn as all we wanted was bed and and private facilites no frills .
We got what we paid for cheap and cheerfull, clean rooms ,2 beds, free coffee & TV .
Nwe would not have stayed if we had read reveiws but pleased we did not see reveiws .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at Mountain View with my two teenaged children. It was disgusting!! The bedspread would NOT pass a blacklight test. The bathroom was also very dirty. I was
glad we only had to spend the one night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family