My wife and I stayed here for a one-night getaway in the Rockies in July, 2006. We booked on hotels--. Seeing as how it was high season in the Rockies, and you're in either of the heavy tourist areas of Banff, Lake Louise, or Canmore you can expect to start at higher rates for a room.
We were honestly very surprised at how small our room was. It was barely larger than our walk-in closet at home! The layout of the hotel is designed not that well - with all the development and construction going on around it, it looked like space in Canmore was becoming a premium. The room barely fit a double bed, and you could not walk around it from one side to the other! Needless to say, it was cosy! When we asked about upgrading to a suite, they told us that it was another $50 to do so. For only one night, we figured it wasn't worth it.
The buffet breakfast, on the other hand, was wonderful. The room was clean, the view was somewhat decent (in Canmore, any room has a nice view) and the service was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Windtower Lodge & Suites Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, we are situated in Canmore, which is considered Canada's mountain playground. We offer a wide variety of adventure and leisure pursuits. The property boasts cedar, stone, and log construction. A picturesque view of the mountains can be experienced from the hotel rooms and suites. We are pleased to offer our guests the choice of staying in one of our room or suite accommodations. All accommodations are designed to provide exceptional value and optimal comfort, whether your stay is business or pleasure related. To make your stay with us that much better, we are happy to offer a variety of on-site amenities and services such as the Fitness Centre and Outdoor Whirlpool Hot Tub. It is our delight to introduce The Wandering Elk, a quaint cozy breakfast spot adjoining our main lobby. Dine with us each morning for a tasty assortment of hot and cold breakfast selections. The Wandering Elk is also open for lunch and dinner, and features a variety of fare to suit every palate! Enjoy our patio with a fabulous view of Three Sisters, Ha Ling Peak, and Rundle Range. Your Pet is Welcome Too!We wish to extend a warm welcome to you and your pet at the Windtower Lodge & Suites. As a "Pets Can Stay Certified" accommodation provider, we would like to outline our basic pet policies and services for your reference and to make your stay, and that of our other guests, comfortable and pleasant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windtower Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windtower Lodge And Suites
- Windtower Hotel Canmore
- Windtower Lodge & Suites Canmore, Alberta