“Always stay here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Edmonton, Canada
“Always stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. It's close to the centre of town, new, and includes breakfast! A hot breakfast! Some of the rooms are small, but the stay is always fantastic. We never spend much time in the hotel, we are always out hiking or skiing, or in the hot tub! :)

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed the weekend of the cold spell where even the gondola in Banff was closed due to the weather. We wanted to go to snowboarding but weren't brave enough to face the -40 temperatures. So we went around and saw a bit of canmore and then spent the afternoon in the room. It was great we had the curtains open and if we wanted to get some fresh air the balcony was right there. The hotel was clean and friendly and I would recommend it families or couples. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We bought a groupon for this stay. definitely worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. Our team takes great pride in providing our guests with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate you allowing us to serve you. Should your travels plans include Canmore, we'd love to host you again!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great Value from this hotel. It's newer, features underground parking and free hot breakfast which was actually very good. Some of the servers were a little young and they ask you questions during breakfast like they are serving you which is weird. The fitness center is nothing to write home about. It's just a small room, no changerooms or anything.The room we had was tiny but had a king bed (not much else fits) a nicer wall mounted LCD with basic HD channels. This is a great spot to explore the mountains from. Who needs a room when you should be outside!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! It's excellent to know that you experience great service throughout your stay. I apologize that you found the room uncomfortably warm. We do have a limited number of portable air conditioners that maintenance can bring to our guests rooms and install if required. We hope you choose the Windtower Lodge & Suites for further accommodation in Canmore!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in a king bedroom suite. Overall it is a great hotel with some minor setbacks. We loved our room and of course the views from the room are amazing. Front desk staff was amazing and very helpful when we asked about things to do in Canmore. The only things I can criticize are the food and dining staff. The food was overpriced for what you get in my opinion and the one night we decided to eat dinner there we were waited on by someone who was more interested to hang out with her friends than serve us. There are plenty of options for eating in Canmore and I suggest you venture out instead of eating at the hotel even with the free breakfast. With that being said I would love to visit Canmore again and I would definitely stay at the Windtower again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank heihn24
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Although I was disappointed with your experience at The Wandering Elk, I'm grateful that you chose to share it with me. I speak for the entire team when I say that your service experience is the most important thing to us. I have passed along your feedback to the Manager of the restaurant; I'm sure he would invite an opportunity to speak with you personally about your experience. Please feel free to contact him directly at sam.monette@windtower.ca at your convenience.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The one bedroom suite was spacious and nice to have a stocked kitchen to have glasses and plates etc. for the wine and snacks that we brought, Coffee and tea was supplied. We eat in the restaurant and the food was good but a bit pricey, there was a free breakfast that was not too bad for a help yourself. The check in/out staff was great and friendly. A bit out of the way from shopping and other restaurants but a short drive. There was free internet and a hot tub. The underground parking stalls were small and I found my card did not work all that great for getting in as I had to insert it a lot of times before it finally worked. Overall I would go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Arlene N
Thank you so much for posting a review of your experience. We're glad to know that your accommodations met your expectations for our hotel. I would like to let you know that we will be changing out the VING key card system for our parkade door this summer. We will be using a pin pad which will eliminate the issue of the key cards!
We look forward to hosting you again!
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked 3 nights here. Originally booked a smaller suite but the staff quickly booked us in for a suite when we asked with no problems. Our suite is beautiful, romantic, and comfortable. We've had a splendid stay, the staff is friendly and efficient. It's cold but we expected that. Breakfast is fairly good for a free hot breakfast. I think the eggs could be prepared differently but that's just a personal thing but all in all we've had a fantastic time. I've already emailed my entire family and friends with photos and that I want to come here for my 30th birthday and book several suites. Very very happy. Thank you windtower. (Although we haven't paid our bill yet haha)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank fauxangst
Dear Traveller, We're happy to hear that you were please with your experience. I hope that we did enough to encourage you to make a second trip! We'd gladly welcome you back.
Regina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I bought a Groupon and stayed for a weekend. The rooms, cleanliness, location and food were good but nothing stood out as great. The food (free breakfast) was ok (again) but there was no fresh fruit or vegetables. Service was below my expectations as well... not that it was bad but for example, when the underground heated parking was full the front desk said "sorry park outside" even tho there were lots of "reserved" spots open. I guess those were from condo owners who weren't there that night. The main reason I thought they could make an effort to help with parking (aside from being a paid extra feature) was that it was going to be -35 overnight. And the front desk even referenced my using a Groupon as the reason I was out of luck as far as a parking spot was concerned. Overall it was ok (good value and clean) but the poor service definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SeanB-SK
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with our leadership so we can continue to improve our service! Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the Windtower Lodge & Suites is known.