Review Highlights
Restaurant Review - Good food & views!

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Justin W
Blackfalds, Canada
excellent location, excellent view

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Sas_foodie
Regina, Canada

All reviews golf course excellent food and service restaurant review service was slow in great shape breathtaking views rocky mountain canadian rockies tee hole courses fairways mountainside standpoint challenge deer banff
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Our hotel was in Canmore during our trip to Banff so we decided to eat dinner locally instead of driving back into Banff. The resort itself was easy to find but the restaurant is not well marked, there are several buildings to choose from and no signs directing you to the restaurant itself. Once inside, the service was good, we had a very friendly waitress. The food is definitely on the expensive side, but this was expected eating at a resort in a town like Canmore. The views of the golf course were impressive from our table and overall we were happy with the experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I took my father here when he was out visiting. Generally we play one higher end course when he’s out and this time it was Silvertip. For the price, it was an awful experience. $170 something, which funny enough (not funny at all) was about the price of a new wedge after mine was destroyed in a bunker. There were rocks everywhere in the bunkers. After I damaged my 60°, I just stopped playing out of them. It was the same in every bunker I recall. The greens were TERRIBLE. Slow and bumpy. There is no excuse for that at the price you pay. The pro shop staff tried to tell me it was the elk and there was nothing they could really do about it. But he was wrong, because they could lower the price AND stop BS’ing people. A bull elk weighs 8-900 pounds, there’d be no green left period if it was damage from the animal. It was poor greens keeping. The course itself is a little gimmicky. A number of blind shots and really sharp doglegs. It’s really nothing special. Also, it’s not walkable. The views are amazing, but there’s no sense paying for that when there’s good golf courses around that offer the same.
Canmore Golf and Curling Club, Stewart Creek, Banff Springs, Kananaskis (both) are all far better layouts, in better shape and far better value. Heck, even Redwood Meadows, on the way back to Calgary is better in every way ($80 and they used to host a Web.com event)
I won’t be returning to Silvertip
(Review from 2017, I just signed up on trip advisor)

Reviewed August 19, 2018

would definitely come here again, my friend had her wedding here snd everything was amazing. The venue, the view and the service.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Beautiful location, excellent food and service. However, it is very pricey - out of range for most working people. Six dollar salad dressing... need I say more?

Reviewed June 18, 2018

From start to finish this was a really great experience. The staff were accommodating. Jennifer in particular was great on keeping in touch with me and organizing the entire day. The BBQ we had set up was very impressive as well. They had it all prepared for us upon arrival! And it was much more than expected. The choice of alcoholic beverages served on the course was on point and priced accordingly. I would definitely recommend this course for any events if you want to truly experience the ease and enjoyment that should come when planning such events!
Thank you so much Silver tip! Beautiful course and fantastic experience!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed June 15, 2018

We had a great day of golf. The course is challenging and the views are magnificent. The Canadian Rockies are beautiful! Every hole is unique and well planned. We saw some deer, too.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Great views, awesome food and the service is absolutely fantastic. Ask for Graham he is helpful and exceptional of providing a high quality of service! Golf course is difficult but excellent and worth the challenge.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

My husband and I met up with a friend who lives in Canmore with property at Silvertip. The golf course is lovely and the patio has a great view. If you're visiting Canmore and are looking for a place to have a glass of wine or beer, this would be a nice choice.

We called while en route to see if we could reserve a table on the patio and were advised it was first come, first serve. Our arrival luckily coincided with the departure of a couple who were leaving their table right at the edge of the patio.

We ordered a bottle of wine and three vegetarian burgers. When they arrived, which took a while, all three burgers were completely cold. While awaiting the re-heating of the burgers, we continued to eat the sweet potato fries. We had finished our fries by the time the burgers were returned to us.

The food was fine, although I must admit I was a tad disappointed because the menu is small so I expected that they were offering their best. From a comparison standpoint, the vegetarian burger was entirely underwhelming. Perhaps other items are better.

We ordered one additional glass of wine to share after our group finished the bottle. Other than an apology from the waitress, there was nothing done to determine our dining satisfaction at the end of lunch, and no offer of a complimentary coffee or tea which, in hindsight, would have been a good gesture on a $150 lunch bill.

The service was friendly enough, but my belief is that the golf and the view are the attractions, not the food. I will likely return for a drink next time I'm in the area, but I'll go elsewhere to eat. There are far too many good options in the area.

1  Thank Susan Z
Reviewed May 28, 2018

We went here for a meal. No one met us when we walked in so had to find someone. Service was slow, not much atmosphere. Didn't feel it was value for money. On the plus side the views and golf course look wonderful..shame I don't golf.!

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We played this course on our visit to Canmore and I have to say - it's breathtaking views, amazing fairways, greens and tee blocks are impeccable ... what more can I say!!!