“Great Place to visit”
Review of Ramada Canmore

Ramada Canmore
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This hotel was better then we expected as our standards are very high. The staff and rooms were great. The pool was the best as they have an awesome water slide. There is breakfast that was included and it had everything. Not just coffee and muffins. The shopping in Canmore is something lots of little shops. You are also only 1 hr. from Calagary if you need to go to the city, but you will not want to. You are only 20 min. from Banff which is also amazing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank auntieskids
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed for two nights while skiing at sunshine. It's very clean and the beds are very comfortable, if small. Rooms are very small, but the bathroom is clean and modern. Breakfast is not as great as mentioned here, but it's adequate and filling. There is limited hot food (only eggs and sausage - which neither of us can eat). Rooms have microwave and small fridge. Our too
faced the train tracks, but the trains didn't keep us up.

We will stay again if we just need a place to stay. Nothing special, but worth the $200 we paid for two nights.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I went during the Christmas holidays for four days with my two sons. The housekeeping staff did a good job cleaning the rooms. Desk attendant friendly. Great service. If there was any problem or question, I received immediate service! We had a standard room and it was clean, the bed was firm and the view of the Rockies were great. Yes, the train track was in view, but the Rockies captured my attention. Hotel is in a good location close too some restaurants and you can safely cross the track to get to Sobeys and Safeway--real handy! The slide was enjoyed by all! The hot tub was fine. I was told by general manager that they will be renovations to the pool area in March-April so that will be great to see improvement. The one treadmill was out of order but the rest of the fitness equipment worked well. It was great to have a tv and spring water in the fitness room. I asked a number of hotel guests and they gave me positive comments.
I liked the positive and friendly general manager of the Ramada. He took over the job as of Nov. 2010 and is really trying hard to make improvements from the previous owners. I liked everything but my only real suggestion is to add some whole grains in with the breakfast which is by the way quite varied with lots of options--it's more like a brunch. Thanks Sam (G Manager) for my memorable holiday and your hotel and staff had a part of it!

To see more info, read my post on my blog---- dated Jan1, 2010 entitled, "Guess where I went for Christmas"

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and took advantage of the ski and stay package that gave us each a lift pass for use at any of the big three. We went to Lake Louise where the lift pass is valued $80 but the best part is you get passes for each night you stay and they are good until the end of the season.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed at the Canmore Inn (Ramada) for 4 days in September while visiting the national parks. The location on Bow Valley Trail is central in Canmore, a much better choice than staying at Banff for transportation and restaurants.
The hotel is located adjacent to the railroad track along with many others, so facing the track side may disturb some but not a problem with us. The best part of the hotel is the breakfast with excellent selection of cooked items. However, the room and service is a far cry from the Holiday Inn where we stayed along the trip.
We reported to the front desk our sink in the bathroom was not draining. Nothing was done. We had to put a coffee stir stick to pop it open to allow it to at least drained slowly. The towels were all damp without being dried thoroughly. The most uncomfortable part was the washroom, being so small and lack shelfing to the point of being very inconvenient. The mattress were too soft or old for a restful sleep.
All in all, we paid a lower end price from what we could find with a lower end accomodation. We suggest the staff with better hospitality training with dealing with customer, at least when compared to the reception at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cfc130
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night during a trip to the Canadian Rockies. The hotel is easy to find in a nice town a good distance from the Rockies. I agree with the other reviewers that the staff is apathetic. When I checked in, I was given room that wasn't ready yet. Took about 15 minutes to get that rectified. The fitness room is supposed to open ay 7am. It took 2 visits to the front desk before someone moseyed by and opened the fitness room around 7:20. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is decent. But it doesn't seem a high priority for the staff to do their jobs well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ToniOhio
Reviewed August 25, 2010

The Canmore Inn & Suites (Which has recently changed their name to the Ramada Inn & Suites) is the best hotel we've ever stayed at!!!

First off, the manager had upgraded our room (which he didn't have to do but did without question) (our original price for the queen room was $112 - the best price for this type of hotel in Canmore...Trust me I looked) The hotel was clean, the pool/waterslide/hot tub area was nice (waterslide was long & fast) and the breakfast was a full contential breakfast (including eggs & sausage).

This hotel is located right on the main road when you come into Canmore so it's super easy to find AND I just wanted to add that others who have written reviews for this hotel in the past have talked about the noisy train. We heard it...but barley & the train runs so fast it's about 30 seconds....We we're even in a room that faced the tracks.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone - whether you're a family, a couple, a business traveller....The walls were solid (we didn't hear any other guests) our bed was comfy and the price was perfect. All in all this was a 5 plus place for us to stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple