“Inexpensive and friendly.”
Review of Ramada Canmore

Ramada Canmore
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Let's face it, rooms are expensive in this part of Canada. Finding the Canmore Inn was a real treat since we would have had a hard time affording some of the pricier luxury hotels in the area. We half-expected a dive, something good enough for sleeping, but no five second rule if you drop your bagel. instead we found a charming, friendly little hotel with a pleasant staff. The people were friendly, the rooms, clean, and the view...well everything has a view out here. The biggest downside is you are always doing a bit of extra driving getting in and out of the park. That said, I rather liked having a retreat from the busier town of Banff. This may not be for everyone, but if you're on a budget, this is a great option. Also, the complimentary breakfast was quite good--saving us time and money there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Menkatope
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed February 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I where looking forward to a peaceful romantic getaway from the city. That is exactly what we found at the Canmore Inn. The staff was wonderful from check in until check out. The room was great, the bed was very comfortable. We definately will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caregirl
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I usually stay at another hotel when I visit Canmore. This time my company booked me here for some reason. My room was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub area was a great way to relax after a long day of travel. The beds were comfortable which made it a great night sleep to get ready for my busy day ahead. I was a little disappointed there was no restaurant for a full breakfast in the morning, however, the full continetal buffet was just what I needed to prepare for the day.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I had a terrific nights stay at the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed could not have been softer. I snuggled in for a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have stayed at Canmore Inn a few times with business. Unfortunately our company likes to book this hotel. Yes the pool has been shut down in the past and a quick google search will provide the Public Health Board's order. The trains are also very noisy and management is rude and uncaring.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank JMoher
Reviewed December 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in January. We were surprised to find our reservations were not kept even though they took our deposit a week ago. We talked to the manager on duty and when he didn't care, we spoke to the General Manager who was very rude and not helpful either. They finally decided to give us a room and kick one of the other reservations out. In the end we were wishing that we hadn't asked for the help. The pool was closed due to a Public Health Order and the hotel is located right beside the railway tracks. Every train travelling across Alberta goes behind this hotel and they all blow their whistle's the whole way through town. The whole building rattles when they go by and we were kept awake all night. In retrospect I would have rather paid someone $100 dollars to sleep in their car. Do yourself a favour and spend a little more for another hotel, don't let the looks fool you.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joethelogger
besthotelincanmore, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2009

This is why you can't belive everthing you read. The hotel has never had the pool close by the health board. The trains do not blow there Whistle's through town. The hotel only takes payment on arrival not before. We do not kick other reservations out especially on nites we are not full. I have never talked to you or had a message to call you.

Reviewed December 5, 2009

I had the opportunity to attend a retreat at the Canmore Inns and Suites on the weekend of November 6-8, 2009. I was with a group of ladies who were there to take lessons and learn new hard copy and computer-based digital techniques for stamping and scrapbooking. Our group has enjoyed our previous retreats (to other facilities) and we were looking forward to a relaxing and educational week-end away. Personally, I was also looking forward to checking out the facilities as a potential get-away spot for my family.

Due to the extremely noisy hotel guests and the total disregard of the hotel staff, our weekend at the hotel was horrendous.

Arrival late Friday afternoon was handled awkwardly by the front desk staff, but once in our rooms we found them to be clean and comfortable. We made our way to the conference room and got set up and organized. The balance of Friday night passed without incident and we were productive and ready to learn.

Saturday morning found us all enjoying the Breakfast Buffet, which was very nice. We headed up to our conference room by 8:00 am, eager to start a productive day. Around 9:00 am, the group in the conference room next door fired up their amplifier and started singing and talking very loudly. The folding wall divider between the rooms did nothing to stop the sound travelling into our space. We were quite shocked that the group was allowed to be so extreme in their noise production; our coordinator went to her room and contacted the front desk regarding the excessive noise next door and to ask them to please have the volume controlled so we could work; but sadly we got no cooperation from the hotel staff and the amplified group. Our group was to have several step-by-step hands-on courses, but not one of us could hear any verbal instructions – no matter how loudly our instructor talked - subsequently those classes were cancelled. As the day progressed, we repeatedly requested to the hotel staff and management that the noise pollution was disrespectful in the volume and still an issue; but the noise continued unabated throughout the day – to the point of several women having extreme headaches. Sadly, one of our ladies was actually in tears because of the volume of the noise.

From that point on the noise was constant and unavoidable. I personally could hear it in my room down the hall (so seeking relief there was no help). Several ladies left the building and went into town to escape the noise. We hoped that the noise would subside after lunch. No such luck! The noise seemed worse than before – if that was possible. We had a scheduled computer-based digital course that was to run in the early evening, but the noise was so bad from next door that we could not hear the introduction to the product, nor the start of the first lesson. Our instructor had to abandon her demonstration, which was what some of us had come to see/hear. We were all extremely upset and frustrated by the utter lack of concern and respect shown to our group, from both the other group and the hotel staff. Hotel staff did attend our side of the conference room on numerous occasions, so they were able to hear what we were dealing with, but the staff appeared not to care in any way about our concerns regarding the noise, saying that there was “nothing they could do”. It was embarrassing and disturbing to see our instructor having to deal with all that stress on our behalf.

Three ladies and I gave up trying to work through the brain-numbing noise, so we left the hotel for a while – some were discussing leaving the conference completely! On our return, the noise was continuing but the news was hopeful – the hotel staff had informed us that the group had been asked to vacate the conference space by 9:00 pm. Well, vacate it they did (after 9:30 pm) – directly into the common area right outside the conference room doors – until after 10:00 pm.!

Sunday was blissfully quiet but many of the group (including myself) still had headaches from the previous day and most of us were too upset by the hotel’s lack of compassion to really produce quality work. Our instructor remained quite upset by the previous days’ events, and spent much of her time away from her group trying to arbitrate a resolution on our behalf with hotel staff. Many of our group left early, having reached the point of complete and utter despair.

To say that the weekend was a disappointment is a grand understatement. The hotel did not provide us with constructive conference space, which was our entire reason for being there. Our classes and lessons could not be done. There was no respect or concern shown to any of the twenty of us – particularly to our organizer. That we were all forced to endure that level of noise is incomprehensible, and completely inhospitable on the part of the hotel, even more so when you consider that the problem of the noise volume was never dealt with appropriately or effectively by any of the hotel staff. Members of our group had to leave the area and the hotel because of the stress caused by the noise pollution – nullifying why we attended this conference. As a final insult, we were never even offered an apology. I was personally disappointed with the response of the hotel staff and management when the issue first arose (and throughout the weekend) and my opinion has not improved since - I have sent three letters to this hotel, but they have completely ignored my letters - other than one very short, rude note from the manager.

Let me say again – the weekend was intolerable and we did not accomplish what we had paid for. Since the hotel was not willing to take any action to reduce the impact that their noisy guests were having on us, you would expect that Canmore Inns and Suites will do the honorable thing and promptly compensate all of us for our miserable weekend, but so far they have ignored us.

I absolutely cannot recommend this hotel in any way - if they will treat 20 ladies like this, how would they treat individual travellers who encounter a problem??

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business