After spending some time in Calgary visiting family, we decided at the last minute to take the kids (ages 8 & 5) to the Rockies and Banff National Park. A quick search of TripAdvisor and Expedia and we had booked the Ramada Inn & Suites in Canmore for almost half the price of comparable accommodations inside the Park.
The rooms were clean and spacious and we were surprised to see the mini fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee pot with complementary coffee and full kitchen sink. A little investigation and we also found a couple of place settings of dinnerware. A very nice touch! (There is a Safeway supermarket right across the train tracks from the property)
We stayed on the track side, and while we did notice a few trains go by with the window open, the trains were not noticeable to us with the window closed and the room heater/AC fan on low. And for those who have complained that the rooms didn't have proper curtains, you obviously didn't look behind the curtains to find the blinds that completely block out ALL the light, including that from the spotlights that illuminate the building at night. We had ZERO issues with light coming into our room.
Yes the furniture is a little worn, but nothing was broken, everything was functional but come on people, this place is full 365 days a year with most room stays being 1-2 nights at most. The beds were quite comfortable and the environment unit did its job to keep us nice and cool during the recent heat wave. A great night's sleep was had by all.
The staff were friendly and helpful and did a wonderful job in the Breakfast room, despite a full house, there was zero wait for a table for breakfast. Great job!
While the only "restaurant" on site is the Breakfast room, there is a Family Greek restaurant adjacent to the hotel parking lot that offers delivery. The Greek menu is all made fresh from scratch and very tasty and reasonably priced. The complementary Deluxe Continental Breakfast includes the usual Cont. Breakfast suspects as well as some added hot items such as scrambled egg, sausage links, and pancakes. It was all very tasty and a great start to a fantastic day in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
The property includes a small pool with waterslide that kept the kids entertained and did a great job of tuckering them out. There is also a nice hot tub for the parents to enjoy.
If you want 5 star accommodations I recommend you book the Banff Springs Hotel, or RimRock Resort, if you are looking for a great place to stay that offers clean rooms, comfy beds and a great FREE breakfast selection, I would recommend the Ramada Inn & Suites Canmore for a wonderful place to stay while visiting the Rockies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a combination of great value and friendly service, the Ramada Inn & Suites in Canmore is ideal for families, conference, meetings, and anyone looking to enjoy the Rockies. The resort offers a three-story waterslide, swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room. The Ramada Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Canmore, Alberta, in the Canadian Rockies. Canmore is home to spectacular mountain views, great family fun, year-round outdoor adventure, and is only minutes from Banff National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Ramada Inn And Suites Canmore
- Canmore Hotel
- Ramada Canmore Alberta