1,070 results
All reviewsstory water slideroad sidetrain lineroom facingtrain noiselight sleeperfridge and microwavehotel guestscontinental breakfastthe breakfast arearoom was clean and comfortableup to dateyogurtcoffee makercanadian rockiesbanff national parkramada
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We booked online as we were attending a wedding in Canmore. The room was inexpensive so I wasn't expecting too much. However the room was small , very drab and dingy and needed completely refurbished. The bed sagged, the sheets were washed out and stiff. The lighting was dreadful. We were offered earplugs by the receptionist at check in, which seemed a bit weird at the time. We were not aware that the railway ran about 50 feet away from our room and it felt like the trains were coming into our room all night. The breakfast would have been ok if anything had been warm. Hot food was cold. We had stayed in the Holiday Inn earlier in the week and would advise anyone to spend the extra and stay there, even if they don't supply a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't on the railway side
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teddy E
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice large, clean room. The staff was really nice and friendly. Stayed on the train side and truthfully it didn't bother me at all. The breakfast was great, anything you wanted to eat. One of the cheaper places we stayed in Canada. Canmore seems like a nice place to live. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annaohio013
Reviewed September 24, 2011

stayed there in early september. Paid the extra money for the street side room,so train noise was not an issue. Older hotel, could use some sprucing up. The rooms could have been cleaner. Our room with double beds was a bit on the small side. Each room has a small fridge and microwave.
Breakfast was adequate,enough to fill you up, though not on a par with a Hampton or Fairfield Inn. Room rate probably was somewhat of a value considering the season and time of year. There really isn't much of a lobby, so if you're looking for a place where you can go to sit and relax and read a paper or watch tv after dinner this isn't it. Just good enough for our purposes which was as a base to trips to Banff and Lake Louise. Parking is tight here, the parking spaces aren't all that wide.
There is one of each type of aerobic equipment in the exercise room(1 treadmill, 1 bike and 1 stepper I believe) an a small universal. The exercise room like most hotels in this class could have been larger and better equipped. The included breakfast is one of the factors that make this a good deal as dining in the area is pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My sister, brother in law, niece, myself and my daughter stayed here on the nights of 17 and 18 August. My sister had mistakenly thought she'd booked a 2 bedroom suite (which we'd booked on a previous stay) however, she'd actually booked a room with 2 beds. Fortunately the hotel was not full and I was able to book the adjacent room for myself and my daughter for the two nights and also include a white water rafting trip in the package. For what we paid the rooms were what we would expect - they were clean and quite spacious - my only complaints were that the beds were very uncomfortable and breakfast was not as good as on our previous stay. Even though we were on the trackside of the hotel, the trains didn't bother us.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Before I booked my recent trip to the Canadian Rockies, I struggled to find reasonably priced accomodation. I eventually decided on this hotel and I'm glad I did. The hotel overall was clean; my room was certainly clean, comfortable and equipped with a microwave & a fridge. I enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool every single night of my visit (try the 3 storey waterslide - don't let the kids have all the fun!!!). There is also an on site fitness room and on site laundry facilities ($2.50 each for the washer/dryer & $2.50 each for laundry detergent/fabric softener).
A complete breakfast was available every day - scrambled eggs, sausage rounds, juice, cereals, various baked goods (croissants, turnovers, cinnamon buns, bagles, toast,waffles, pancakes), coffee, tea, fresh fruit. Something for everyone, I think. The bowl of fresh apples in the lobby every day was a nice touch. Also, the free tea/coffee with real cream available at all hours of the day just across from the gift shop.....
As for the debate about the 'railroad side' versus the 'road side'.....I think it all depends on your sleep patterns. If you are a light sleeper or wake at the slightest noise, you probably would not be happy on the railroad side. If you're a fairly sound, or a heavy sleeper, I really don't think it would make a difference and you can take advantage of the slightly lower price. The road side does have a slightly better view.
ALL the staff I encountered during my visit were very friendly, helpful and accomodating.They never made me feel bad, no matter how many times I de-magnetized my room key....I believe all the rooms are equipped with a fridge and a microwave. Two grocery stores are within walking distance (ask at the front desk for the shortcut through the back door). You can easily pick up ready made/reheatable meals and save some money on your food expenses. The Solo Liquor Store on Bow Valley Parkway seems to be more reasonably priced than the Sobey's or Safeway Liquor Stores.
If you have to rely on the hotel's internet (pc available in the lobby), just note that it is internet over skype and can sometimes be a little on the slow side. At $2.00/15 minutes, if you're going to be communicating via email, facebook, or whatever, you might just want to give some thought to what you want to say before you actually connect.

Room Tip: See my comments above re railroad side versus road side rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo