“Great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Canmore
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This Holiday Inn is just of the highway. It is 10 min from Canmore and 20 from Banff. The view from this hotel is breathtaking! Staff was very professional and friendly and place was clean. The rooms have a frig and microwave as well as coffee for the morning. We did not have an opportunity to use the restaurant, but it was very nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sunshine_warrior
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and your time to share your comments with everybody. It is great to learn that we have exceeded your expectations while staying at our hotel. I hope we can host you again in the near future, please make sure to contact us directly to help you make your next reservation.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is located right off of the highway with easy access to the town centre and a short drive to Banff, it is because of this we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Canmore. The hotel is modern with excellent clean rooms, we stayed 2 nights and had to change rooms the second day which the staff took complete care of even moving our belonging from the first room to the second while we were out enjoying the day. Our first room was larger then average and had both a stand up shower and a soaker tub which was a pleasant surprise, the second room was huge with 2 floors. Both rooms were cleaned and well maintained, The outdoor hot tub is nice though the water didn't feel that hot the night we used it. The only thing we found really missing from this Holiday Inn is a pool to relax in after a long day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We just got back from Banff and stayed at the Holiday Inn Canmore,We found it to be located in a great spot easy access to all activities.The only bad experience was the restaurant poor service due to lack of help and the other was almost no food available from the menu another night. Not what you want to hear after a long day on the slopes ,luckily three are a great many restaurant near by.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cmjabreu
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is in a beautiful location in the valley with views of the mountains. This is definitely what you would expect for a mountain getaway. The rooms were clean and perfect for a family, they have a fridge and microwave! Perfect for traveling with a 15 month old!

Staff are very welcoming and polite. Anything we needed, they were able to help us!

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

HI doesn't have a long list of things to get right: just give me a clean room and a pleasant stay. Well, the room was clean albeit worn, but there were more than a few frustrations that weren't inline with a pleasant stay.

Response it questions: We weren't sure if breakfast was included, so we called and asked. We were referred to the vending machines. Huh?

In room coffee: Day 1 - No stir sticks. Day 2 - Still no sticks, and no sugar. I called down and items were delivered.

Phantom Jet Tub: Night 2 - Unused by us, the jet tub turned on. Called the front desk and a maintainence guy turned off the main breaker.

Now, these might seem nitpicky, but I've had more than a few uneventful stays at other HI's; and that's all I expect. HI Canmore needs to step it up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AKPhotoCanada
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

We appreciate the time spent on sharing your experience with others about your stay. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations this time. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff to ensure we deliver a better response to our guests needs. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to stay with us next time your travels bring you back to town.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I rarely write reviews but this one is definitely warranted. The hotel is in a beautiful location (just outside of town, with quick access to the town centre and the highway) the rooms are clean and cozy (has a microwave and fridge!), beds are comfortable, and the restaurant serves delicious pizza. The outdoor hot tub is a treat with a view of the mountains.

There is one thing that stood out to me most at Holiday Inn Canmore. I come from a stressful, hectic, corporate life, and I needed a place where I could forget EVERYTHING and relax. I didn't want to think or plan - my brain was exhausted.

In this aspect, I was so impressed by the front desk staff - and I especially want to sing the praises of Chris C. From the moment we checked in and throughout our entire 2 night stay, he was so friendly and helpful; he went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of - from ordering the best pizza, to finding fudge and chocolate in town, recommending Banff hotspots, to helping with breakfast, lunch, dinner plans!. I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

This sort of excellent customer service and my appreciation for what Chris did for us cannot be measured by just ratings or best room prices. I cannot thank you enough!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet - weekend travel has more volume and you can hear people/kids outside your room but...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldWonderWanderer
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thanks a lot for letting us know about your great experience while staying at the hotel. I'm glad that Chris made sure that you felt welcome and taken care of. I'm pretty sure that he saw your comments already and made him feel good about his excellent customer service. It will be our pleasure in welcoming back to the hotel next time you decide to come for a visit once again to the mountains.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night.Everything was good.From check in to check out.Room are updated, beds are comfy and clean.,big LCD Tv,fridge and a microwave is a Plus. Staff are friendly and polite, Jose did a great job welcoming us even though we are early for Check in time. Our only concern was the restaurant, before we Check out the next day,we planned to have breakfast before we hit the road,but unfortunately restaurant was closed early, we saw this two server a male and a female just laughing/singing with a very loud music..we dont hesitate to ask them if they can still serve breakfast, luckily jose works at the desk that morning and just ask him if he can recommend a place for breakfast.We will definitely come back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JLgan
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

It is great to hear that you love our guestrooms and overall our hotel. We are looking into making improvements into our restaurant hours of operations. I hope that you give us the opportunity to stay with us once again to show you how much we care. Do not hesitate to contact us directly to make your next reservations. We are looking forward to host your stay in the future.