“Short Haul trip”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“Short Haul trip”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Spent a wonderful weekend in Canmore and Banff and was surprised to see the Holiday Inn had opened in Canmore where the Four Points Sheraton used to be. All newly renovated.
Friendly and accomodating staff at the front desk and in the restaurant.

4 Thank jetz62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Calgary
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I checked in late and was greeted by a very friendly, efficient desk person (my experience is that night staff at most hotels aren’t renowned for their excellence). The room was newly renovated and spotless. In the morning, the sun coming up over the Rockies view from my window was breathtaking! The restaurant was open early and the buffet I had was fresh, well stocked and only $11.00 if I remember correctly. I will go out of my way to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: West or north facing rooms will offer the best views from the large windows.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Schmenzies
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed at Canmore as it was close to Banff, as we couldn't find accomodation there on such short notice, the room was average, clean and tidy, once again no cribs available as they don't keep any there, a bit overpriced for what we got, but we got a good night sleep.

3 Thank jasjo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The rooms were clean, up to date, the service was great and the location is fabulous.
I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn - Canmore to anyone who wants to experience a mountain getaway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Samantha20118
aurora
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn in Canmore.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms are clean and spacious and the facilities are excellent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank julieaurora
edmonton
Reviewed July 23, 2011

OMG What an amazing holiday!!!!! We had our wedding hosted there and it was so beautiful!! The Sales Coordinator was top notch. I will remember this holiday forever.

Room Tip: Call in advance with any special requests
6 Thank EdmontonTeddysgirl
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stay at Holiday Inn properties very often and have earned my Platinum status many times over. This is the first Holiday Inn where the service was very subpar. I don't want to write about the location and rooms. They are average. The location actually is too close to the freeway. Some might find it convenient, others - noisy. Whatever.
When I arrived, there was no typical Platinum member recognition. Some hotels give a complementary bottle of water. I didn't get any recognition. They do not care to recognize your hotel loyalty.
That's fine. I asked for an upgrade. I was told they were sold out and had none available. I understand "availability" condition. I was okay with that.
What I am not okay with is not treating me with respect. When I was back at the front desk asking for directions to restaurants I heard several times how front desk agent was telling walk in customers that they had a suite available. Even after I called them out on this glaring discrepancy, the supervisor refused to upgrade me. Definitely not returning here.

• Stayed July 2011