Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$77
$62
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$141
Official Hotel
$62
$140
$135
Orbitz.com
Inn of the Rockies(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$140
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$100
Silver Creek Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$136
Georgetown Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$93
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$69
$111
$67
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
1,080 results
All reviewswine coolerthe kitchenelectric bbqwading poolbedroom suiteice makerunderground parkingrain showerhot tubbeautiful resorttop floorstainless steel appliancesfront desk staffthree sisterswasher and dryerdowntown canmorehome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed at Solara with my husband and four other friends. We booked the Solara last minute through their front desk and got a great rate - better than online and better than through their reservations system.

We booked the two bedroom and it was a fantastic suite. Two bathrooms with a pull out double sofa in the living room. All the bells and whistles in the suite which you expect of a condo/time share. Really nice rooms and we enjoyed quite a bit.

In terms of what there is on site, it's pretty limited. We were skiing during the day and so the hot tub/pool was really of interest for us at the end of the day. It was ok. Fairly small and felt like a YMCA from 1980 with flourescent flickering lighting. Kinda dubious if you are a female alone or with another female friend. For us it was fine as we were a group of six. Otherwise, not much to write home about.

It is in Canmore and not on the other side of the Trans Canada Highway as most of these condos are, but was still a distance from things. We thought we'd have no trouble walking to a nice restaurant on an exceptionally warm February evening after a few drinks back in the room. That was not the case. It was a long walk to anything decent - a few places we thought were close by, were actually shut down for good - and the local pub was a bit off putting. We ended up taking a taxi from there to a good restaurant and then back to the hotel.

The morning of check out however, things were bit of a gong show. I called downstairs to extend our check out time. Was told by an extremely perky Australian accented attendant that she could let us have till 1pm. Great and thank you I said. I added we probably wouldn't need that long but thank you.

So everyone but me has left the condo and i'm finishing up the packing of my car. I head down to drop off some things in the underground parkade - FANTASTIC feature i must say. When I went back up, my key cards wouldn't work. Luckily there was a family leaving their room down the hall who called down to the lobby to ask them to send someone. So i waited. Started playing with the four key cards I had and one got me in. As soon as i got back in - it was 11:55am - I called the front desk to tell them it was ok and not to send anyone up. At that point, the incredibly perky Australian who i spoke to earlier told me they better send someone because my key cards were going to be disabled at noon. HELLO???!!!! She was the one who was supposed to adjust our check out to 1pm!!! I was stunned that she said one thing earlier and then behaved as if she had no idea later. I cannot determine if she just forgot to do what she said she would or if she was dense as a post, stoned out of her mind not sure where she was.

Regardless, a nice condo resort suite-wise and I'd go back again. Especially since they give you a discount after you've stayed with them once. They don't tell you that until you check out. Which actually was a nightmare!!! The bubbly Australian girl at the desk would not shut up!! I just wanted my receipt and she wouldn't let me leave!! She tried to get me to donate to some charity, then kept asking if everything was ok, then once i said yeah fine to shut her up, she hands me a card with tripadvisor's info on it asking me to share my "positive experience". Then she kept going on explaining every line on the bill to me... this little girl had made the check out tedious to begin with and then seeing her face to face, you think she'd be embarassed but no. She just did her spiel and I couldn't escape!

Yes, I would stay again for the room but nothing else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlphaTangoZulu
Tanya Y, Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Alpha Tango Zulu,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Solara Resort & Spa and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to hear that you had the chance to enjoy Canmore at a great rate. It sounds like in terms of the location, you may have liked something a little closer to the downtown area and for your next stay, I would suggest Canmore Crossing, one of our other Bellstar properties in Canmore. It is situated on Railway Avenue, right by the major grocery stores and steps away from downtown.

I apologize that your experience with our front desk agent was negative. Because our key card machine is not synched with our computer system, although she had extended your check out time past 11am, the key card would not be affected by this change. If there was a lack of communication for the programming of the key cards, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As for your check out experience, we do like to keep our guests informed about our initiatives as well as any other information that might be relevant to their bill. We train our agents to read our guests but also follow an industry standard of check out and I know that it is sometimes a balancing act for all those in customer service to master. Thank you for pointing it out and we will coach her where necessary.

I hope you had a great time in Canmore and had a safe trip back home

Yours in Hospitality,

Tanya Yurko
Area General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I spent a week at the Solara in December 2012 with my friend. this was an R&R girls get away vacation getaway and we loved it. we contacted the one wellness spa ahead of time and booked spa services every afternoon, following our workouts in the gym and walks into the village. we had a 2 bedroom superior suite facing 3 sisters and it was great. The quality of the "apartment" unit we had was top notch. the beds were very comfortable and the unit is stocked with everything you need from kitchen supplies to robes. you could fit a family very comfortably here for weeks. the large outdoor deck would be great for summer bbqs,

the resort staff were very helpful and friendly. the only down side is that there is no restaurant, but it such a short walk to the village that it really does not matter. we ate in breakfast and lunch and walked into the village to enjoy the great Canmore restaurants.

Room Tip: we heard afterwards that you can find some great deals with VRBO website, we booked with the hotel directly and went mid-week so we did get s pretty good discount, but I'm sure if you rented from an owner you would do better.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank happy_mexico
Tanya Y, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear happy_mexico,

It sounds like you had a wonderful stay at Solara Resort & Spa for your girls get away vacation. It’s great to hear that you were able to venture out into downtown Canmore to enjoy the village (and especially the food). Canmore is great in the variety of restaurant choices they offer and there’s so many unique places. We hope that you can come back to enjoy more of them!
Canmore has amazing mountains (like the Three Sisters that you mentioned).
Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff. We take great pride in our service and it’s always nice to hear from a satisfied guest. We hope to welcome you back to Solara Resort & Spa sometime in the near future (perhaps in the summer when you can enjoy the outdoor BBQ) and as our valued guest, please mention that you are a repeat customer and we will be more than happy to assist you with the best available rate we have to offer at the time.

Thank you and hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at Solara on Feb 8/13 for a few nights, and loved how amazing the resort looked and how beautifully appointed the condos were. Everything was perfect, until we were awoken at 7am by the sounds of metal garbage bins being dragged across the parking lot by Solara staff. The banging and clanging began at 7am (no idea why they would do this at this time), and did not end until 8am. Then, when we thought it was over, in drove the garbage trucks which proceeded to lift and smash the bins around for another half an hour while they were empying them. We are at a loss as to why Bellstar would not have the garbage pickup schedules for a more reasonable time, such as the afternoon. Would love an explanation on this one before we return again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sienna O
Sara K, Front Office Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Sienna O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at Solara Resort & Spa. We are pleased that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and that you enjoyed our luxurious suites! The spacious layouts, top of the line furnishings, and gourmet kitchen’s set the stage for a most relaxing home away from home! Spring is near in the Rockies and will soon be ideal BBQ’ing weather using either the private BBQ’s on the balconies or our larger propane BBQ’s in our courtyard while of course basking in the sun!

We would like to assure you and our readers that your experience does seem excessive and not the norm. The town does have us, along with the other residents and resorts in the area, on a rather early pick-up schedule, however, the process has not been as lengthy as you describe. Typically the entire process only takes 30mins or less and does not seem to be overly disruptive to our guests. Our teams endeavor to bring the bins out as quietly as possible just prior to the refuse truck arriving as we never want to disrupt our guests’ slumber, we will follow up with the teams to ensure they are following these protocols. We will also continue to work on having the pick-up rescheduled to a later time.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you once again, please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail or if I can personally assist you with your next booking.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

After a glowing recommendation from friends, we booked three nights in the largest suite at the Solara for a "mini family vacation". The 1800 sq ft, three bedrooms & queen sofa bed provided plenty of room for 7 adults and 2 babies. Being able to fit a playpen in the walk-in closet of the master suite was a fun bonus. Having a full size stove and fridge with a big freezer worked very well as we did all our our cooking and eating in the suite. A couple small annoyances - it took half a day until the fridge's ice-maker actually started making ice, no dish cloths or tea towels were provided - we had to go out and purchase some.
Several family members used the fitness faciltiy - all was good. One wanted to book a service at the spa, but we found the prices prohibative.
Movie night was fun! The high chair provided worked well. We did bring one of our own folding chairs, as there are only 6 around the table.
We definitely would consider returning to this property as a special treat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear travelmom1976,

Thank you for sharing your first experiences at Solara Resort & Spa with our Trip Advisor readers. We are absolutely delighted to read that you and your family were able to come together and not only enjoy the amazing amenities that Solara has to offer but also to enjoy time with eachother! We feel very privledged to be able to host you for such a lovely and important occasion!

Our 2 and 3 Bedroom Premium suites are extremely spacious and do provide an excellent setting for gatherings such as yours or gift openings, baby showers etc. Our Guest Services Team is onsite 24hrs to ensure our guests have everything they need; we do have a large icemaker that we are able to provide guests’ with as much as they need as well as assist in providing more dish cloths and towels. Our teams are dedicated to providing exceptional service to all of our guests and owners and are just a quick dial away, even just to say hi! They love that too!

We must also thank your friends for recommending us. First hand word of mouth recommendations are the highest of compliments. We are very proud of the services and accommodations we provide at Solara and nothing makes us happier than knowing that we were able to assist families and friends getting together and making lasting memories.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our nightly movie nights, during the week we feature a nightly movie and on weekends we feature two! A family friendly film at 7pm and another at 9pm for those who are still awake at 9pm! On your next visit when the little ones’ are a bit older they can enjoy frolicking in our Kidz Splash Area and learn some strokes in one of our relaxation pools!
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Solara Resort & Spa, don’t forget! You’re part of the family now and are eligible for our repeat guest rate!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first time staying in Canmore and I was so amazed by the room that I had. It was very large and had all the amenities that you would think of in a hotel room and more. I liked the fact that this room had a full kitchen, so it was more of an apartment style. It was finished very well and I felt very comfortable. I loved the fact that there was a fireplace in the bedroom. That was very nice.

Would absolutely come back to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Sara K, Front Office Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear sjcan8119,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your first visit to Canmore and Solara Resort & Spa! We are so pleased that you enjoyed all the wonderful amenities that Solara has to offer! The suites are fully equipped to offer all the comforts of home with luxurious finishing’s to offer our guests the option of kicking back and relaxing with a home cooked meal or to head out and enjoy one of Canmore’s many excellent eateries. After a busy day out enjoying the many activities in and around Canmore or having a gourmet meal in town our guests can then retire back to the suites and sit and relax in front of the fireplaces while taking in the magnificent views!

On your next visit you should take in a complimentary movie in our full size theatre or relax in our hot pool! We encourage our guests to speak with our Guest Services Agents as they are always keen to offer up suggestions to our guests on where to go and what to see while exploring the valley. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to the Bow Valley and offering our Exclusive Repeat Guest Rates at Solara Resort & Spa!

Solara Resort & Spa