“Still the best in Canmore”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Edmonton, Canada
“Still the best in Canmore”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed at this inn 6 years ago for our honeymoon and was so happy to see the hotel and staff were just as amazing now as 6 years ago. I would say to anyone who is looking for a really comfortable friendly place to stay this is one of the best. It's not a huge hotel so the service you receive is more personal.
Thank you Georgetown Inn.

Lorrie & John

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skye300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Calgary
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spent one night at the Georgetown Inn in early March. We were warmly greeted, and the room was clean - the bed extremely comfortable. It was a mini-suite actually, with electric fireplace and lounge area. The facility has a pub/restauarant but closes early enough that sleep is not disturbed. We ate brunch the following morning - excellent and very good pricing. Parkling is a bit of a premium,.as the pub is busy - but staff were very accomodating - so no inconvenience to us. Prioperty is well located and staff very pleasant. It has anice "homey" feel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the outdoor patio - nice.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TimberTom
Edmonton
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We are British Canadians who live in Edmonton Alberta. We adore the mountains and decided on Canmore for this trip and as it was my husbands birthday, I booked this Inn due to the British menu and I am very pleased I did! Booking was via email/internet and my questions were answered quickly. On arrival we were quickly checked in with very friendly and personal service. We ate supper in the bar and my goodness! The beef and yorkshire puddings were worthy of the English Yorkshire dales and the shepherds pie was absolutely amazing. Our room was lovely and comfortable with a British feel (the whole place has). We ate breakfast in the bar the next morning, I had the omelette and my husband and daughter had sausage, bacon and egg - amazing - all of it! Katie, a member of the restaurant team was fabulous, friendly, positive and very attentive to our daughter Katie who is still raving about Katie E! Katie made us feel so comfortable and at home, as did every other member of the Georgetown Inn team that we will be back! It situated outside of the downtown but not more than 10 minutes walk. 10-15 minutes away is the rec centre if you want to go for a swim (the new one will be built in 2012 and will be 5 mins away!!).

Back to the Georgetown! We watched a football/soccer match in the TV room and had great service and once again, Katie E entertained our Katie J! We went for a siesta after the game (Barcelona won) and came back for supper! We had the beef in guiness pie and oh my God! Amazing!!!!!!!!!! The weather was mild so we had a few more drinks on the patio with lovely views and our daughter entertained us with yoga and dancing!! Retired to our lovely comfy beds refreshed for the next day. Had breakfast again and left without haste for some more adventures and then back home to Edmonton.

If you visit (which I recommend), visit the 1st floor corridoor where you will see pictures and text with regard to movies which have happened in and around the rocky mountains! Very interesting for sure.

We will be back and we cannnot wait!!! Thank you to all at The Georgetown Inn, we had a fabulous time.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruthiesid
Drumheller
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed at the Georgetown because of it's association with the Charming Inns of Alberta. I found my room very clean, tidy and very spacious. King size bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a very quiet and peaceful sleep. Breakfast was tasty. All staff members that I encountered were friendly and efficient. Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Calgary
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and team work that we experienced during our stay. Instead of a "hotel" feeling, we had a "home" feeling with both the accommodations and all of the staff. During the few days of our stay, we felt we were already getting to know the staff and enjoyed their company. Food was also great. I had probably the best steak sandwich I have had in a very long time.

Keep up the good work, and keep working together.

Room Tip: East side of the buiding - Train noise
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2011

we chose to stay here because it was listed in a little book of Charming Inns of Alberta. We found it OK, decent value price-wise but the housekeeping let the place down severely and it certanly was not charming. Our room was dirty on arrival and we had to ask for it to be vacuumed, along with the communal stairs and landings which appeared not to have been cleaned for weeks. Staff were helpful and responsive to our complaints but the cleaning remained poor. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor. I am very sorry that we did not address your concerns at the moment you found the dish piece in your dinner. I would love to be able to make this up to you. My guests are so important to me and I want you to know that you did not experience our normal level of service.

I have done some discovery on what happened to ensure that if something similar in the future were to happen it is better addressed. The back of house learned of what happen and the correct procedures were followed by our chef. He immediately removed the Veggie curry and remade the batch. He discovered that it was a piece of the plastic lid had broken off into the portion that was being used for dinner service that night. Thank goodness you found it and were not harmed.

The true lack of caring and service you received is unacceptable. The server was given instructions by the duty manager to remove the meal. She is a new staff member and did not follow thru with her instructions. In addition, the duty manager should have came to the table directly. I was very disappointed to hear how your situation was mishandled.

Thank you agian for this very valuable feedback.
CALGARY
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed over at Georgetown on a groupon deal which made the value received reasonable. Had a bad experience in the Miner's Lamp restaurant in the Georgetown that left a bad taste for the venue. My partner found a piece of broken glass in her vegetarian curry (likely a piece of a broken plate) and was very disturbed and obviously couldn't eat the dish. Apologies were extended by a server working her second shift but I needed to request that the price of the curry be taken off the bill and no manager/chef made an effort to remedy the issue. Two other parties, at adjoining tables, had issues with their meals so it would seem that a food service manager is needed here.

2 Thank Robert M