“Fun for mountain bikers”

Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$335.45*
and up
Calgary and Banff Mountain Biking Adventure
Ranked #4 of 61 things to do in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: Created for the 1988 Winter Olympics, this ski area offers many expert trails.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The mountain biking within Banff National Park is rather limited, and the Canmore Nordic Center nicely fills the void. There are a ton of options for trails, from beginner service roads to what looked to me like rogue downhill chutes. Beautiful scenery, forest and meadows. The terrain on most of the trails we road (most memorably, EKG) was varied, but the constant are the roots criss-crossing the trails. Slippery when wet! There's a little skills park at the base area: I had fun watching my teenage son riding on the obstacles (bridges, see-saws, and a pump track) We brought our bikes, but there's a rental shop right at the base that had pretty reasonable rates ($30 for two hours) and trail maps. The map isn't really necessary though, because the trails are well signed for both summer and winter. As one local described it to us, the trail system is mixed up like "cooked spaghetti" with trails intersecting all over. It was neat to see the biathalon course and to see all the nordic skiers training on roller skis.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We don't mountain bike so our vivit to the nordic center in August was a bit of a bust. We had a good look around and did enjoy watching others biking like mad persons down the hill. I can see that this would be fun. We also enjoyed the reservior across the street from the entrance....nice views here with the water.

1  Thank Takarehi
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was just out to the Nordic Centre for a friend's wedding. The immediate location of the outdoor ceremony was beautiful with a great view of the mountains, and the centre staff appeared very helpful. It was too bad that right on the other side of the fence from the ceremony there were all kinds of excavation and equipment sitting around. The set-up for the reception was lovely and the serving staff were prompt and accommodating. The wall-mounted screens in the corners of the room were nice for the slideshow. I was a little disappointed with the caterer. When my table was to go for supper, many of the dishes had run out and it took a while for them to be replenished. I was waiting for the chicken, and when it did arrive, it was rather tough and rubbery. When my boyfriend went back for seconds, there was very little food left. The rest of the meal was good and the potato gnocchi was outstanding! I think there are a few things that the Nordic Centre could improve upon for this type of event in the furture, but overall it was a pleasant experience!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

we loved the park / trails and beautiful mountain vistas. highly recommended summer & winter

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at the Nordic centre tobaggan hill. The setting is absolutely amazing with a nicely groomed hill, surrounded by the majestic mountains. There are a combination of tobagganing hills, some with jumps. Tip...stop at Canadian Tire in Canmore to pick up so some sleds. Excellent value as its free to use the hill.

13  Thank SavvyTraveller_10