This is an 'old style' motel, and a pleasant alternative to the big chains. I was there for a brief overnight only. My room looked a bit shabby but was in fact clean and all the utilities worked. Parking lot was crowded, due to the many over-sized vehicles and trailers. Evidently the motel used by commercial travelers as well as vacationers. To me having free WiFi is a must for a hotel/motel and the service worked flawlessly. Although situated alongside a major road (not Hwy 1) and the train tracks it wasn't too noisy and is nicely located within walking distance of some restaurants (3 mins) and the center of town (10 mins). The two ladies at reception in the evening were friendly and professional. The jagged peaks above Canmore are incredible and I just had to pause for a few minutes in the early morning when checking out just to marvel at the skyline in the soft morning light.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming, clean and customer service-oriented, the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge offers a variety of accommodation options from standard rooms to studio and apartment condominiums in Canmore, Alberta. All rooms have fridges, wireless Internet access and great mountain views. Enjoy amenities such as a Jacuzzi, sauna, laundry room, playground and barbecue. Weekly rates are available. Convenient location in Canmore and 5 km (3 mi) from Banff National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Ski Hotel Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge Canmore, Alberta