“No Complaints”

Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We just came back from a stay at the Quality Resort and I have nothing but good to say. The hotel was "clean", cozy, and very accomodating!!! The complimentary breakfast is not "continental" as with most hotels, but infact a buffet consisting of hashbrowns, pancakes, toast, eggs, breakfast sausage and bacon. The ski packages were a great deal as well. A late checkout was no problem which made for a great one night get away. I am very picky and I would definetely return!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank icandoallthings

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Apon arrival I was very happy that they had upgraded us to a loft suite at no additional charge as they had found out from my husband that it was our anniversary. My husband had called in advance to order roses to be delivered to our room which is how they must have found out. The GM gave us a complimentrary bottle of champagne, very nice touch. The out door hot tub was fantastic and the change rooms were very clean.
We had brunch on New Years morning at the restaurant located in the hotel and it was very good value and the food and service was exceptional.
All in all I would highly recommend The Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaCalgary
Reviewed January 1, 2010

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable, however I found the service was terrible. We brought our 2 dogs with us and everytime we walked past the front desk they would ask us what room we were staying in. It made me feel uncomfortable and like I was doing something wrong.
Also, when I booked the hotel I was looking for only 2 amenities. It had to be pet-friendly and I wanted a jacuzzi in the suite . I called the hotel directly to book a room as I wanted to ensure there was no size limit on pets and also to confirm they have jacuzzi suites. I didn't want anything to go wrong. I spoke with the girl at the front desk and she confirmed "a jacuzzi suite with king size bed with 2 pets for 1 night". It was going to be a perfect night.
When we checked in, and got our things to the room there was no jacuzzi in the suite. I called to the front desk to inquire and they said they have no jacuzzi's in any suite. I told them what the girl told me when I booked the room and they said "I must have misunderstood. We only have jetted tubs". Well that's a huge difference between a jacuzzi and a jetted tub (which we tried anyway and it didn't even work). Needless to say it put a damper on the trip (which was supposed to be a birthday celebration for my boyfriend).
I don't want this review to sound like someone complaining about not getting their way, but it was very frusterating as I wanted this night to be perfect (well as perfect as it could be). I called a month in advance to book this and put a lot of thought into it.
One last thing that frusterated me was we brought our 2 dogs (1 big, 1 small) and they put us on the top floor (the 4th floor) on the far side of the hotel from the elevator. So when we had to take them outside for a potty break we had to travel through a large group of people that let their kids run rampent in the hallways and get both dogs excited and walk the lengh of the hotel, wait for the elevator (which wasn't very quick) all the while trying to keep the dogs calm and keep the kids away. I've stayed at other hotels with my pets and they usually put you on the first or second floor near the elevator so you can get in and out quickly. They were not able to move us as all the rooms were booked.

Thanks for reading. The hotel itself was clean and the loft room was ok, but not worth the $200+ we spent for it. Will go somewhere else for sure next time!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lizsnell5
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while exploring Banff. The hotel is about 20-25 minutes drive to Banff. Located on a major street, but had no issue with noise or with the nearby railway. Only complaints we have is that there is no breakfast offered and there is a charge to use the computer. Would probably stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank Techboy
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Stayed at Chateau Canmore for a Hockey Tournament in January. The staff was great ,quick check in, didn't complain about the kids being kids. The Hockey Arena is very close by. Boston Pizza is with in walking distance. The rooms we stayed in was spacious for the price. The only down fall is the size of the pool, it's very small. I would definatly stay at Chateau Canmore again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hawk69
Reviewed December 15, 2008

This was our 2nd trip to the Quality Canmore and we enjoyed every minute of it, just as we did last year.

Check in was a breeze, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was clean, comfortable and nice. I enjoy the jetted tub in the bathroom and the fireplace. I guess the only downside was that when we arrived the heat was not on (I think it was about -10 Celcius outside when we arrived) so it did take a little while to warm up. The heater in the room, however, is really powerful.
We love the loft bedroom and 2 tv's in the unit as well.
The railway noise was barely noticeable, it is not of concern to me but yes, at the back of the hotel there is a rail line. The only time I heard it was when we had the window open because we turned the heat up too high and had to cool down the room.

We cannot wait to make our 3rd trip next December and although we shopped around for another hotel, this one is best value for money and great location to leave the town onwards to Banff.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunflower7829
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Had an enjoyable stay at the Quality Resort Chateau. The check in went smoothly, and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. We were very pleased with the room. We had a king size bed and a small sitting room with a sofa and air conditioning. The room had a small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. The room was clean, the shower had good water pressure and suitable for tall adults. The staff provided maps of the area and gave us directions for restaurants. There was coffee and tea in the lobby. A train runs through Canmore but we were not disturbed by any of the train sounds. Check out went smoothly. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple