“Another pleasant stay”

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
canada
“Another pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 15, 2008

This was our 2nd trip to the Quality Canmore and we enjoyed every minute of it, just as we did last year.

Check in was a breeze, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was clean, comfortable and nice. I enjoy the jetted tub in the bathroom and the fireplace. I guess the only downside was that when we arrived the heat was not on (I think it was about -10 Celcius outside when we arrived) so it did take a little while to warm up. The heater in the room, however, is really powerful.
We love the loft bedroom and 2 tv's in the unit as well.
The railway noise was barely noticeable, it is not of concern to me but yes, at the back of the hotel there is a rail line. The only time I heard it was when we had the window open because we turned the heat up too high and had to cool down the room.

We cannot wait to make our 3rd trip next December and although we shopped around for another hotel, this one is best value for money and great location to leave the town onwards to Banff.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Slow elevator
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunflower7829

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Had an enjoyable stay at the Quality Resort Chateau. The check in went smoothly, and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. We were very pleased with the room. We had a king size bed and a small sitting room with a sofa and air conditioning. The room had a small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. The room was clean, the shower had good water pressure and suitable for tall adults. The staff provided maps of the area and gave us directions for restaurants. There was coffee and tea in the lobby. A train runs through Canmore but we were not disturbed by any of the train sounds. Check out went smoothly. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank divisu
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2008

We made a last minute decision to tour the Canadian Rockies on our recent trip to Western Canada so I used Hotwire to select a room for two days out. I was a bit skeptical about this hotel based on the reviews but I ended up very pleased. For the Hotwire rate of $153 we received a large suite with a kitchenette and two double beds. The room was very clean, comfortable, up-to-date and spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank luvs2run27
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We booked a loft suite for a very special rate of 132$, which was outstanding value considering it was a long holiday weekend and al other hotels pretty much touched rack rates.
The suite was very spacious, with a king size bed on the upper loft. Interior design was ok, but doesn't win a prize. The suite looked quite used, the sofa cushion was ripped on one side and the carpet had several stains on them. It had a gas fire place and spectacular Mountain View. The kitchenette consisted of a microwave, fridge and small sink. Glassware was provided, but no plates or cutlery, which could be obtained at the reception (paper plates and cutlery, just to mention!)
The bathroom was rather small, compared to the size of the suite, but well equipped. The jetted tub was exactly as described, a tub with 4 jets! Unfortunately it was just big enough for 1 person.
The amenities were ok, however.
The bedroom loft was very warm, the king size bed comfy enough. It is beyond my understanding why both luggage racks are on the upper area, I highly doubt that anyone schlepps his luggage up the very narrow staircase. There is more than enough room on the main level.
The lower AC was extremely noisy and had to be shut down. The upper window unit (minus the window) was ok, but there are quieter options available right now. The sofa and 1 chair had nails sticking out the back which could lead to accidents.
I highly appreciate the fact that a full TV listing was available without restrictions as common in many hotels these days.

The train noise as mentioned by other reviewers was not too apparent on Saturday and Sunday, but train traffic increased drastically on the Monday and may be bothersome for the light or long sleeper.

As for the hotel itself, the location in Canmore is convenient. Parking down the back is awkward as the parking lot is very narrow and buses and large pick-ups may block the driveway.
A big issue is the 1 elevator which is used by guests and staff at the same time. The place has only 4 floors but the stairs are at one end of the long building and closed during the day. There is a second elevator tucked away at the end of the building whose existence is not immediately clear or labeled. It’s quite a jog away down the hallway!
Just to mention, staff were friendly and professional.

I can recommend the hotel for a no-frills stay. It has some decent facilities like pool, spa and restaurant in a central location. I will stay again for a similar rate, however for anything higher or even rack rate, it is not worth the money. A review for the restaurant can be found separately

• Liked — Size, special rate, convenient location
  • Disliked — Elevator, parking, noisy AC
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tallsamoan
Cedar Grove,Ontario
Reviewed March 14, 2008

Have stayed here many times but this was the last.Rooms were on the backside so when we had to open the window at night because of the unbearable heat, the trains would roar past regularly. Asked to move to the front which was accommodated when they had space after the 2nd night. During the move I neglected to take an envelope from the desk drawer with us. I realized this later and contacted the night manager who let me in the room which had been cleaned but not rented. The envelope was gone. It contained travel arrangements for the next two weeks and six ski passes valued at $450.00. No one came forward with it. I know it is my fault for leaving it in the room but I have lost my trust in the staff of what used to be one of our favourite hotels and won't be returning.
A friend of mine who has stayed there with us was booked in a week later and was charged a higher rate than quoted on the phone and the room was dirty with stains on the pillows. Not very pleasant.

Stayed February 2008

Travelers are raving about these Canmore hotels

Red Deer, AB
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I stayed only one night but it was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Most hotels I have stayed in have a problem with noise in the hallways, but I didn't hear a sound in Chateau Canmore.

The room had a bedroom separate from a kitchenette with a couch, tv, microwave, sink, coffee pot, and coffee table. I'm an early riser and was able to enjoy the coffee there without disturbing my fellow traveller.

The restaurant has a very good chef, but the meals are a little pricey. If you are travelling with children, you would probably do better to eat in the town.

Staff were charming and polite and some are bi-lingual.

I also got the over 50's rate and this was absolutely excellent value for money.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank MzunguRedDeer_AB
Calgary
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We enjoyed the loft suite we booked - fireplace, jetted tub, small kitchenette with microwave. Prices are very reasonable for being this close to the mountain parks yet the town still has a small town feel and less commercial, talk a walk downtown if you can, it's beautiful and has a nice atmosphere. There is some train noise if you stay in the south side of the hotel, which we did, but I wasn't too bothered by it, and most of Canmore is like this because they built around the railway. However, the scenery & hospitality more than make up for it.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple