The Chateau Canmore looks like a decent place to stay from the outside and even from the lobby. But once you make your way around the building, restaurant and rooms, you will find the hotel is absolutely awful. The rooms are outdated and still appear from the 90's. Sometimes small details make a huge difference, and with this hotel that is true. Dust in every corner of the room, dirty glassware, old TV's, you can guarantee your carpet has stains somewhere, and the amenities old and very unclean. You can easily find out these thing for yourself if you stay at the Chateau.
The overall service of the hotel is very weak. The front desk staff have very little knowledge of how the hotel operates and seem to do the bare minimum. If you get the right staff member, you may get great service. I suggest avoiding the General Manager at all costs. She is a very unprofessional, degrading, unhelpful and unpresentable person who will break the main rule in customer service of "the customer is always right", to the GM, she is the one who is right. The manager has no idea how to run a hotel, let alone manage her own personal duties at the hotel. Absolute garbage if you ask me.
*If you decide to use the pool, hot tub or fitness centre, be sure to wear flip flops, gloves and maybe even a hand sanitizer shower afterwards. The pool is about the size of a child's blow up pool and the change rooms are filthy. This property has had the Health and Safety board called numerous times, which is a fact.
This all may seem harsh, but if you listen to one review, please may it be this one. When you want to spend your time in such a beautiful place, you don't want it ruined by the disaster that is the Chateau Canmore. This over priced, outdated, poorly managed and low quality hotel is not where you want to spend your time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Resort Chateau Canmore is an all suite property features 93 units, offering spectacular views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This full service hotel includes a family restaurant, sports lounge, and full fitness centre. You can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or soothe aching muscles in the outdoor hot tub or sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Canada, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Resort Chateau Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Quality Inn Canmore
- Quality Hotel Chateau Canmore
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Alberta